Battlefield 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by usapatriot, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maksin01

maksin01 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The beta is full of win. :cool:

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RYnCgzuGzbg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RYnCgzuGzbg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width='640' height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  2. Shobster

Shobster Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Caspian has huge shadows problems, or at least flickering. It's really hard to distinguish things.

3. boofhead89

boofhead89 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. be77solo

be77solo pc's and planes

Reputations:
    Have been playing a bit over that last couple days, and gotta say, it's a great game... I'm really excited to try the single player campaign.

Just finished playing in the Caspian map, that's truly where it's at... not sure why they didn't include that in the official beta, it's freakin' awesome ha! Jets, helicopters, AA tanks, off road armed buggies.... and it all looks gorgeous!

Performance wise on my G73 listed in signature, game runs fantastic... 1600x900 with high settings(what is loaded stock, whatever it will equate to in the final game) and the latest ATI drivers, totally smooth.... haven't taken the time to load up FRAPS yet as it's totally smooth haven't bothered. As a side note, I've seen no lag or rubberbanding or graphic glitches as others have reported on Caspian.

Totally recommend based on what I've tried so far, hoping the single player campaign is good as that's my favorite, but online has been fun so far with beta and I know is the bread and butter of this game.

Only concern is will battlelog.battlefield.com be required for all gameplay, even offline singleplayer campaign? IF so that SUCKS!!!!! And I'd hate that.... It'd be the exact same thing as Ubisoft's online constant connection which I HAVE FOUGHT AND AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Thisisalamp

Thisisalamp Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yesterday, had a game where both teams glitched underground...and remained there for the whole game. It was pretty funny seeing about 10 people stacking up on the empty space :D Just looking around aimlessly...

6. 408Cali

408Cali Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I decided I'll upload the caspian border videos to youtube as something like "3q0p9jfejl;sifj" and description of "me knitting quilt"

Lmao who searches youtube for quilt knitting? Not anyone that would know what caspian border is.

The videos aren't great quality but they're pretty interesting (and funny at points) in my opinion.

7. 408Cali

Reputations:
    Seems like that was a complete server issue if everyone had lag. Check back in a bit and I'll have the videos uploaded.

@maksin01 best video ever.

Also, toasting in epic bread.

8. littleone562

littleone562 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    whats the pw for caspian?

9. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Gameplay was smooth (30-45 FPS) on all high settings @ 1920 x 1200 with HBAO and 2xaa with no AA smoothing. This was on a stock desktop 5870 1GB. I may consider a more powerful card or another 5870 (if I can find one) after the game comes out.

As far as the game goes, I'm impressed. Although it is a BETA and there are a lot of bugs and really glitchy things. I'm going to reserve full judgement until the full release. Playing rush with no vehicles on Metro didn't feel so much like BF. I only got to play the Caspian map for about 15 minutes and it was alright, although sometimes I felt like may 64 players was too much cause the map didn't seem that big.

10. 408Cali

Reputations:
    They keep changing it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.