Battlefield 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by usapatriot, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawk1410

hawk1410 Bird of Prey

Reputations:
    well a BETA is a BETA, it is annoying to see the number of people complaining about the bugs in a BETA.

2. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Problem is Beta should be refined with minor bugs left. I didn't get to play the Alpha version, but this release feels like alpha. I'd like to get input from those that were able to play alpha compared to beta. It is two weeks from having to go to press for retail release. Looks like a lot more than two weeks of bug killing. Clipping, hit detection, rubber banding, graphical anomalies, sticking to objects, ctd's, not to mention weapon effectiveness and tweaking. Beta should be refined beyond what they offer here. And that's criticism from being able to actually play a grand total of probably 30-40 minutes.

3. Eldaren

Eldaren Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    In all honesty Bad Company 2 was decently buggy upon release. It's hard to make a massive game like this perfect when people are pushing you to release it by a certain date.

4. Mjolner

Mjolner Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    A lot of the bugs I noticed after playing for only 15 minutes. How could DICE not find them? Did they run zero internal run-throughs of the map AT ALL? I hope that this is some ploy, and the released a very buggy beta with the fixes already prepared so they could act like they listened to our input, but I doubt it. Almost all of the BF games were buggy when they were released, but they weren't missing key features that everyone expected.

However the input from users regarding these issues (like squads not working and the map in general seeming like MOH) is pretty unanimous as far as I can tell, so hopefully DICE will have to listen. I was hoping for a game that would be close to BF1942, BF2, and BF2142, but so far this game isn't it. They seem to have dumbed everything down (again) despite the fact that the one thing that I like about the REAL BF games was the complexity. They are clearly just trying to steal COD's player base, not please their own.

Also, its not that side mouse buttons can't be bound; its that you can't change a lot of the default bindings at all for some reason. Also, if you have a gaming mouse you should be able to bind those buttons to keyboard keys.

5. Thisisalamp

Thisisalamp Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    BC2 was better I think...maybe they just happen to avoid them really well in BF3 :eek:.

In other case, I saw a guy running with arms wide open. I think he wanted a hug :D

6. shinakuma9

shinakuma9 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone with similar specs care to tell me how it runs? Would I even be able to run it at 60 fps at lowest at 1080p?

7. ARGH

ARGH Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    BF3 beta m18x fps test - YouTube

alienware m18x BF3 benchmarked!
    ultra settings with 2x AA @ 1080p
    2720qm, 6990M xfire @ 825 core / 1000 mem
    just showing the FPS readings in the beta.
    11.10 beta drivers.
    in-game settings shown at about 3 mins.
    FRAPS on upper left hand corner, about 60 fps avg outdoors and much higher in the tunnel.

you might see some graphical glitches and players clipping through floor. beta won't allow the mouse buttons to be keybound so it was dificult to adjust since i am a lefty.

only real issue i see is that the frame output is not as smooth as it should be when fps dips below 40 or so. hopefully this gets cleared up by time of release.

8. Phistachio

Phistachio A. Scriabin

Reputations:
    This MUST be an old build. No way DICE would let these through ;

- Shadow flickering
    - Orange screen near sun
    - Green screen when looking at grass at an X way
    - Blue tainted screen after respawn, is fixed by oressing Esc
    - No mouse button mapping
    - Server disconnects
    - Stuttering
    - Crazy animation bugs ( will post a video later, I DIED laughing :p )
    - Chat window is wonky
    - Bipod sometimes goes crazy when reloading
    - Too much bloom
    - No DX10/11 switch or FOV

But without those bugs, this is easily the best and most fun game I've played in a big while!

9. hakira

hakira <3 xkcd

Reputations:
    width='560' height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kUXUNz6rBFk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kUXUNz6rBFk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width='560' height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Looks like certain people are able to play more than just the metro map, this guy is flying jets.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  10. Phistachio

Phistachio A. Scriabin

Reputations:

That means he's in the "private group" that can play the map... Maybe DICE liked his leaks on the alpha?

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.