Battery sloooooow charging.

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Lesl, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Now...all is gone. I never been able to reach ( reset this PC ) because now I get absolutely no screen, the blue pilot goes on as is the fan but that's it. I got a hard drive from another Acer laptop that was using Windows 10. Could I make a swap and hope it could be started?

Now that I have nothing on the screen. if I could manage to get an Ubuntu stick could I boot it?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2020
  2. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    You would need to at least get to boost screen to get to boot menu. Otherwise it most likely won't boot from USB although it's remotely possible that it does have it set as a first boot device by default.
    If you don't even see Acer logo at boot screen, than it's not an OS issue and swapping HDDs or USB stick won't help.

If you can, make sure that the screen is still blank when you boot the laptop while it's connected to an external screen.
    Other than that I think it's time to look for a service center.

3. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I did swap the HD and BOOM! the Acer logo page went on but...after 20 secs, the screen went gray

4. downloads

Reputations:
    What happens if you enter BIOS? Will the computer keep running while you're in BIOS or will it die as well?

5. cdmcfud

cdmcfud Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Have you looked at the battery cable? Maybe the cable has come loose a little inside, I'd disconnect it and reconnect again to see if it might be a simple problem.

6. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Problem solved...I didn't touch it for 2 days. Then, I start it up. The Acer logo page goes and then the preparing auto repair message then the diagnosis your PC message and then, I got back to that page where all the advance options are offered among them, resetting that PC. Click on that and after 1 hr. of preparation and 2 hrs. of installation, Windows 10 is back in business in my laptop. Hope to make the battery charge test soon. Thanks!

7. downloads

Reputations:
    I don't think it's the end of your issues. It's impossible for a computer to fix itself so I'm afraid it's temporary.
    Was the notebook connected to PSU for those two days or not?

8. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The laptop wasn't plugged. I'm replacing the freewares I lost and it did die on me while installing the GIMP. Just restarted it but now, the battery is quite low so will stop using it for today, Seems that the battery charging rate is just as bad as it was.

9. downloads

Reputations:
    Is it the original PSU that came with a laptop?

10. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, it's the original. I did drain the battery ( 6-7 %) and then did plug it in. The inverter's fan was running full speed. After 20 min. the fan slowed down to mid speed ( can't remember having seen that ever)after the 2 hrs. mark, the inverter's fan did stop. Two hrs. later, the battery was full charge so total, 4 hrs. instead of 7 two weeks ago. Just found out my bookmarks are gone. Is there any chance they got moved elsewhere ? Thanks.