Battery sloooooow charging.

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Lesl, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    From there I went with See advanced repair option which was this.

Wrong

From there I did chose trouble shoot and got this.

From there I did chose to uninstall update and after a few min. , the laptop die.

In the past I once had to reinstall Win. 10 on a laptop and it was a pain in the a.. These days, the only spare I have is a tablet do, unless I',m wrong. I can't download Windows on a USB stick.

And I don't think I could do that on a public computer.

It's not there in the pictures I posted but at one time I did get to a page that give the impression that one of the option was to reinstall Windows 10 but not with a stick or a CD/DVD. Is there a way to do that and...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  2. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Last, how do you get in safe mode on this laptop ? Wouldn't this make the situation clearer as to who is responsible for that thing to shut off on its own. I did press ,( and hold ) F8 while the Acer logo did appears but never got nowhere.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  3. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Also. is there a way to reinstall Windows without losing anything like pictures,documents,videos,bookmarks and such ? Thanks!

4. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
  5. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well ..my post in this thread are all mixed up the pictures don't appear in the right post some text are mixed with other post. Yesterday , on this thread I was at 4 pages...this morning I"m at 3...anyway...if you can follow ?

6. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How do you go with the laptop to the pages of the pictures I did post...these pages were given to me but how to get there intentionally ? Seems to me that whatever option I chose the thing will die on me like it did happen twice while choosing , (uninstall quality update). Hope I'm wrong.

7. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Some place, I make edit, post them then...the edit disappear...c!ick on edit to do it again...nothing happen

8. downloads

Reputations:
    Either hold down SHIFT while rebooting the computer or switch it off and then on and while you see Acer logo again force it off and repeat it twice. That should trigger a message that your computer failed to boot and give you recovery options.

As for posts I had to merge them. While I understand why you have to do it, I can't leave them like that.

9. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just found this out online...

The screen might remain black when there is a corrupted graphics driver or a problem with the LCD display backlight. To test the display, attach an external monitor, and restart the computer. This test is helpful if the display is black but you can hear that the computer is operating. ------------ I think that this post of me was lost but I wrote to you that among the many troubles I had after that big Windows 10 update I always get the message the AMD graphic card driver is missing

10. downloads

Reputations:
    In my opinion, it doesn't seem to be the case.
    Anyway - use the "reset this PC" option while keeping your documents.
    It's impossible to diagnose if it's a hardware or software issue if Windows isn't at least stable enough to rule it out.

As an alternative you might download Ubuntu to a USB thumbdrive and boot system from it but judging by the fact that you only have access to the internet in the library I doubt you can to it.