Battery sloooooow charging.

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Lesl, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did drain the battery again but this time, it went down to 5.5 %. Usually, when the laptop would shut off itself, just before it would happen, a small green bar would show in the battery icon.This time, at 10.4 %, I did get a yellow triangle warning and then, much later, a red flashing X and finally a steady red X. The other day I said the laptop did stop itself at 16 % but, it was a guess. The last real number I've seen was 17 % but I had to guess it actually did stop at 16. Two new pictures...picture 5 when the fan's inverter did stop running and picture 6 when the battery was full. So, today, the fan did run for 50 min. and then did stop. The battery was at 67 % (really good). After 4:45 hrs. the battery was full. It seems it has been running like that all summer and did start to really deteriorate only lately. Again in picture5, the battery health is at 69.4 and in picture 6, it's back to 59 % ???

Attached Files:

2. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    No battery health is 59% in both. 69,4% in the first picture is current capacity at that time.

It seems 59% is what's left of the original capacity considering you've calibrated the battery twice and it's consistent.
    I don't think we'll be able to do much without replacing the battery but as of now it's not that bad - two thirds in 50 minutes is not bad. The reminder still takes forever to charge but at least that 50 minutes give you something to work with.

Did you take notice of how long the notebook works on battery?
    If not you can generate battery report and check.

Do that by pressing Windows key +R. Type "cmd" and hit enter. In a subsequent window type "powercfg /batteryreport".
    It will show you the location of a HTML file that has some quite interesting statistics about your battery.

3. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for your help !

4. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Things went worse...the other day. L was using it and then BANG! did get the black screen of death. Did try to switch it on again to no avail. The next day, I did start it and it did run for maybe 5 min ana BOOM! black screen of death again. While trying to restart it, I once get preparing to auto repair message but ,lt did die on it. Now today, I did start and by pressing F8 I did get the auto repair screen again. Now., among the many options, l chose uninstall quality update since I did start having tons of problem after going through a major (hours) Windows 10 update. That did run for a few minutes but...it did die again on it. Any idea?

5. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Now, I do try to start it again but nothing happen except the fan starts and the blue pilot goes on and that's it. Seems I can only get it to show the ACER booting icon only if I give it some time to rest.

6. downloads

Reputations:
    Can you get into BIOS/EFI?

7. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How do you do that? Also, I forgot to mention
    that along the many problem I did get after that lengthy Windows 10 update, I was getting a warning message that there was no AMD graphic card present. Can this be some cause?

8. downloads

Reputations:
    That should be F2 key at boot.
    It's hard to pinpoint the moment so keep pressing it repeatedly.

9. Lesl

Lesl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, pressing F2 at start up I did manage to get to the Insydell20 utility page ( which to me look like a BIOS page) but it did die before I could write down the exact name of the page. I think it's insydell,20 utility startup page but I'm not sure. Now, it's stuck again. I did leave it alone for 5-6 min. but it is still stuck. What can be done from the BIOS page? I will probably won't back online for some time now.

10. downloads

Reputations:
    The point of that exercise was to see if it's an OS issue or a hardware one.
    If you were able to enter BIOS and leave the computer running and it would run fine than whatever issue you have would be OS-dependent.
    Seeing that it's not the case - this surely is a hardware issue.

Does the notebook seem to be overheating?
    Can you leave it for a longer time - couple of hours - and see if its running better? It might be a power delivery problem.