Battery Life Question on Razer Blade 14 (2014)

Discussion in 'Razer' started by mattscool135, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maven1975

maven1975 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hello,

I have received my 2014 14" Blade and am really disappointed in the battery life.

I have the power plan set to power saver, set the Intel graphics settings to max battery life and even go into the Nvidia settings and set Intel Preferred.

While browsing and emailing, with the display set to minimum, I am lucky to see two hours of life. Not only that, the system remains rather toasty.

So, what am I overlooking?

I admit that I am not the best with windows 8.1 as I was an Apple head for a long period of time. However, I am proficient with Windows 7.

Can a user create a ultimate power setting for office use that will yield cold and long battery life?

Yes, I know.. I bought a powerhouse. What did I expect? However, with that said, i'm sure any input would be valuable to those double duty users like myself.

Thanks everyone!

2. wB`

wB` Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There is something wrong with your laptop imho. I have the same laptop and while on battery the laptop stays very cool and the battery life approaches 6 hours. I would get it replaced asap.

3. maven1975

Reputations:
    I truly hope not.

The laptop was purchased for $1499 on eBay. It was delivered in perfect condition, but they do not offer exchanges. (Just refunds)

4. ryajso

ryajso Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Go to nvidia control panel and set it to indicate if the gpu is running in the status bar. If the icon is coloured the gpu is running even if it displays no applications. Minimum 4 hours batterylife without dgpu running, heat is the biggest indicator it's active, the laptop should not heat up at all in idle

5. maven1975

Reputations:
    Thank you. I will keep my eye on that.

I also read that the Modern UI interface forces the dGPU when accessed and does not switch off until reboot. However, that was a Win 8 post, not 8.1. Is this truly a problem in 8.1?

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.