1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Battery indicator light flashing orange, orange, orange, green: INSPIRON 9400

Discussion in 'Dell Inspiron and Dell Studio' started by AM Radio, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AM Radio

AM Radio Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    last night, noticed that the battery indicator on my 9400 was flashing "orange, orange, orange, green" when it was off.

this morning, when powered on, and plugged in via AC, it's still doing that.

anyone know what this means? dying battery? charging battery? it's almost always on AC though ... ?

2. somms

somms Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    http://support.dell.com/support/top...CAA558727884E0401E0A55172D6B&doclang=en&cs=#4

May want to check the link above for more info...

3. AM Radio

AM Radio Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    thanks for the link.

" Temporary Battery Failure " -- a bit puzzling as the thing is rarely on battery. time to start troubleshooting.

4. srinukasam

srinukasam Newbie

Reputations:
    hi AM Radio,

how you solved that Dell battery problem.
    Now my dell battery indicator flashing 3xorange 1xblue.
    i seperated battery from laptop and worked for 2 days, today i connected again but its indication as previouly 3xorange 1xblue.

Can anybody tell me how to solve this problem.

Thank you
    Sinu