bad Benchmark score HELP!

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by FaTT, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaTT

FaTT Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    well I was thinking about trying AC syndicate that's the only game currently I have installed that shows Vram useage and is a newer title SS to follow to be honest I believe that the bench is wrong, my internet blows more then Monica Lewensky did when she visited the white house so firestrike is going to take me a few days to get when I am in game no matter the game I get no shuttering frame skip or anything of the sort no matter the game runs flawlessly, Just if it is running at 1070 or 1070 ti levels and will not perform any betterthan a 1070 because of my other hardware I might just return the 1080 ti and go with a 1070 ti and save me a chunk of change also I noticed my temps never get hot enough to make the fan go higher then 35-40% under full load I benched with fan on auto card temp 78+c in heaven if I take off auto and run fan at 100% it dosnt go over like 48c during benchmark

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Vasudev likes this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Then give that a try. Are you hotplugging the AGA or hotplug followed by a restart? You need an external screen plugged to AGA for full performance of 1080Ti otherwise you're getting only 80-85%.

FaTT likes this.
  3. FaTT

FaTT Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm honestly not sure what you mean by hotplugging, and I don't plan on gaming at 4k at 4k everything is so small on this damn 17 in monitor I cant read anything so I was planning on sticking to 1080P the reason I went 1080ti is for longevity I wasn't planning on having to buy a new card for 5-10 years

Vasudev likes this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Hotplug means you're plugging AGA directly and playing a game OR plug AGA use Fn+F1 to prompt AGA settings to restart using AGA or shutdown to to use default GPU 970M.

5. FaTT

FaTT Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    well I'm guessing its hot plug, I followed the directions on alienwares youtube channel for setup and it auto picks the 1080 if I start up with the aga plugged in it auto disables the 970m and only the 1080 in the aga shows up in device manager

6. FaTT

FaTT Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    And by the way thank you for all your advice and help it is most appreciated my friend :)

Oh and just in case you or anyone else reading this is wondering what I traded for this laptop, I traded a ps4(NOT PRO) psvr bundle farpoint bundle and about 6 games total worth about 450-500 cash used but as I said the previous owner had this thing FILLED with virri couldn't do anything with it couldn't even connect to a network all the network setting and everything in control panel was gone

7. FaTT

FaTT Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Attached are the SS for ac syndicate the first in game shot is at 4k res the and one is 1080p also I noticed in the settings SS it says 48hz refresh in I changed that to 60 and set everything as high as i could and it only takes a little over 6gb vram at 4k my gpu stays pinned at 99% and roughly 25 fps at 1080P it changes from 95-97% but dosnt drop below that and stays between 59-80 fps I think there might be something wrong with this card, using a little over 6gb vram the gpu load shouldn't be that high from what I understand but I could be wrong if I am please someone correct me if I am wrong

Attached Files:

• ac1.jpg
      ac1.jpg
      File size:
      244.5 KB
      Views:
    • ac2.png
      ac2.png
      File size:
      926.3 KB
      Views:
    • ac3.jpg
      ac3.jpg
      File size:
      617.6 KB
      Views:
    • ac4.jpg
      ac4.jpg
      File size:
      528.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  8. FaTT

FaTT Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Also here is a SS of the AGA software

Attached Files:

9. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:

You do loose a good bit of performance using internal display with AGA. Do you have an external monitor you can plugin and disable the internal display and run some benchmarks?

10. FaTT

FaTT Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ATM no I do not have an external I'm currently out of state working and will be for atleast another month but even when I get home I do not have a 4k display I have a 62 in 1080p LG TV let me see if any of the people I am currently working with has a 1080P monitor or TV I may borrow for a few

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.