Bad Automobile Driver Rant Thread...

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by HTWingNut, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I started a bad driver rant thread a while ago and it seems to have disappeared so thought I'd start another based on an experience I had today.

Not really a bad driver, but a near death experience to be exact.

I was driving down the freeway passing a semi-truck (in the right lane because he wouldn't get over) going 75mph. I hear a loud crack sound and out of nowhere his rear tire (dual tires) flies right in front of my car, missing me by probably inches. It continued to roll, then made its way over to the shoulder only to weave back into traffic, mainly in front of me. The truck stopped ahead and eventually the tire hit the back of his semi and came to rest. I stopped completely as the driver ran out to get the tire. My heart racing, my two little boys actually still sleeping in the back. Some dork goes and blares his horn at me to go, even though the truck driver was right there picking up the tire. What an idiot. You want me to run over the guy? You think everyone else on the freeway is stopped because they want to? Stupid idiot...

2. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yikes! while my bad experiences have been nowhere near that, I've had a recent annoyance in the area where I moved.

There's a set of curvy turns on the road in front of my house. For two days, when leaving for work, I've always managed to get behind an elderly woman in a black early 90's Camry going well under the speed limit.

We're talking creating a line of cars 5 or so deep because she's going so slowly. So irritating. You'd think I'd be used to it living in PA with the 2nd largest elderly population besides Florida, but nope...still annoying. The fact that within five minutes from my new house there's like 5 senior centers doesn't help matters.

3. Nick

Nick Professor Carnista

Reputations:
    I can't wait until I drive.......

4. Amnesiac

Amnesiac 404

Reputations:
    inb4 moderator moving it to car forum.

Thanks for making me scared of learning to drive people.

5. kbs

kbs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    refer to my thread in Motorized Vehicles entitled "Sooo the other day"

6. Przn4lif3

Przn4lif3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    About a year ago I was making a protected left turn into my street when this sob came blazing down the lane, passing a red light, and nailing the right side of my car. I get out (thankfully no harm done to me) and walk over to the guy. This old, fat white dude in a suit walks out of his expensive mercedes and walks over to me shaking his head. Just cause you're rich and you have a nice car does not mean you can go as fast as you want in the streets. People need to realize that driving is a privilege not a right.

7. 1ceBlu3

1ceBlu3 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    glad you were ok HT... what i hate is when you have these really old people driving..and they don't look in their mirrors..or use their turn signals and merge right in front of you in the lane you're in, and then they drive really slooooww ...:rolleyes: has happened to me a few times in the past (lots of elderly where i used to live)...luckily i tend to pay close attention when i'm driving...

8. mrXniick

mrXniick 8

Reputations:
    LOL.. refer to the thread where it was concluded that you were a bad driver? Why would you bring attention to that thread

9. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I've been guilty of making a left turn the second the light turned green, not for me (not left turn signal) and causing several oncoming cars to stop and honk their horns at me

Three times cause I was in lala land. Haven't been involved in an accident or gotten a ticket yet, *knocks on wood*.

10. kbs

kbs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    meh if I'm a bad driver then everyone else must be even worse.

i honestly still think i did nothing wrong that day, and I have 0 tickets and 0 dents/scratches/accidents on my car for your information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.