BACK TO SCHOOL GIVEAWAY! LPC-Digital and HTWingNut offer Intel Wi-Fi 7260AC Adapter (USA Only)

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by HTWingNut, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    LPC-DIGITAL AND HTWINGNUT'S BACK TO SCHOOL INTEL 7260 WI-FI ADAPTER GIVEAWAY

NOTE: ALSO ENTER THE STEAM GAME GIVEAWAY: http://forum.notebookreview.com/gam...school-htwingnut-nbr-steam-game-giveaway.html

LPC-Digital has been kind enough to provide ten lucky NBR users a brand spanking new Intel 7260 AC Wi-Fi adapter! I have offered to put them up for grabs and ship them out. LPC-Digital specializes in selling Sager branded Clevo notebooks, but this contest is open for anyone! Larry from LPC-Digital is the primary sales guy/owner of LPC-Digital and is a great guy to work with if you're in the market for a new laptop.

This contest is for USA users only! Sorry, but I can't take the time or extra money to ship these outside of the USA.

The Intel 7260 AC Wi-Fi card is an 802.11AC half-height PCIe adapter supporting Bluetooth 4.0. The model of these adapters are 7260HMW. Details can be found in Intel's product brief (pdf): http://www.intel.com/content/dam/ww...ual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth-brief.pdf

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THE RULES

In order to enter though, you must follow the rules, otherwise:

<iframe width='420' height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M5QGkOGZubQ" frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

1. You must be an NBR member since before August 1, 2014 with more than 10 posts by August 1, 2014, has an active post in the last year, and must not be banned at time of the drawing, and have PM privileges. *NO EXCEPTIONS*
    2. You must be legally able to enter and accept gifts form giveaway contests such as this.
    3. Winners will have 48 hours to claim their prize otherwise it will go to the next contender.
    4. Only one entry and wi-fi card per user, multiple entries will be deleted, and entering more than three times you will be disqualified form the contest.
    5. You will be required to provide me with a valid US shipping address at the time you win.
    6. Your NBR user name entered into the form must be correct. If I can't PM you I will draw another name.
    7. Please make sure the laptop you are buying this for can accept this card, and only enter if you really have a need for the card. This won't be policed, of course, but honesty is the best policy, amirite?
    8. You must enter the secret code: Loompa in the form so I know you can read or at least pretend to read the rules.
    9. Make a comment in this thread as to why you want to win this wi-fi card (drawing is random, so don't worry).
    10. Rules can change at any moment because I'm like that.
    11. No whining!

ENTER THE CONTEST HERE (Google Docs): GAME OVER!

VIEW ENTRIES HERE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wyUAcg71bfWOYhleSkaGLe36xME82_6p9oTo66cfA4A/edit?usp=sharing

NOTE: Entries will be viewable by other users.

The drawing will be random and take place some time on August 30 or 31, 2014. Winners will be posted here in this thread and also through PM. You will have 48 hours to reply or I will draw a new name.

The wi-fi card will be shipped within a week after names being drawn through USPS First Class Mail. There will be no tracking, but it's a freebie, if it gets lost, sorry.

Good luck!

Winners drawn 8/29/2014 10:40PM:

I drew the winners using random.org sequence generator. CONGRATULATIONS!

Winners are:

1. Octiceps
    2. davidricardo86
    3. Ryan
    4. baii
    5. Dinkleburg
    6. HTWingNut
    7. Qing Dao
    8. TomJGX
    9. alexhawker
    10. radji

Winners, please PM me with your mailing address. I will send out sometime next week. I will give you until midnight Tuesday September 2, 2014 to PM me your mailing address, otherwise it will go to the next person in the drawing.

Congratulations and thanks for entering! :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
    gdansk, octiceps and NovaTornado like this.
  2. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    Because I game on WiFi and my current card sucks.

+Rep when I have some more to give out. :p

3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    What kind of WiFi card is it? Hopefully it's at least 2 wire.

4. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    Yeah it's a 2x2 single-band Intel N-2230. This one:

[​IMG]

5. Loney111111

Loney111111 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If I get the AC 7260 and confirms that it works properly, I can mail you the 2x2 Intel N 7260 (non-AC) for free. You have to pay for shipping though.

Marecki_clf and octiceps like this.
  6. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    Thanks for the generous offer! :)

If I win, I'll mail you my 2230N for free. ;)

And if we both win, some other unfortunate souls can have our hand-me-downs. :D

Marecki_clf likes this.
  7. Loney111111

Loney111111 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't need the N 2230 since I'm fairly sure the N 7260 (non-AC) is higher-end. Save your money and just put the N 2230 on eBay or something. :p

octiceps likes this.
  8. Qing Dao

Qing Dao LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD

Reputations:
    I want to win this card so that I can run something better than an Intel 5100 and add bluetooth to my laptop.

Edit: I know my location says China but I'm in the US right now.

9. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Gimme Gimme Gimme!

Qwik! (before Baka eats them all)

Oh, and this will be the last upgrade in my R2. She has served me well over the years, and this will commemorate her sailing into old age.

10. Apollo13

Apollo13 100% 16:10 Screens

Reputations:
    That's really generous. I won't enter myself because:

And to be honest, I don't have a need for it. I even voluntarily switched from a 5300 AGN to a Broadcom 1390 G and gave the 5300 to a friend for peanuts, because I didn't actually see any benefit in practice from the N over the G.

I am curious though, do half-height cards generally work in laptops designed for full-height cards? I'd reckon they probably would if the antennae were long enough, but I'm not sure if it would work great in practice since they couldn't be secured in place with screws (or clasps like full-height cards use). And since I don't need faster WiFi, I'll let someone else be the guinea pig.

Note that I don't accept peanuts as payment for all items, sorry to those hoping to send me peanuts for gear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.