AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB bluetooth driver for Vaio VPCZ13

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Paloseco, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paloseco

Paloseco Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Bought the AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB (AzureWave AW-CE123H) from Amazon to install it on my Sony Vaio VPC Z13 (W-Lan card, 802.11ac + BT4.0 Mini PCI-e, 867 Mbit/s). The wifi works out of the box with the Broadcom driver, however the bluetooth doesn't. The operating system is Windows 10. Does anybody know where to get the bluetooth driver?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  2. Paloseco

Reputations:
    Ok, just contacted Broadcom few minutes ago about asking for bluetooth drivers for Windows 10. Let's see if they can solve the problem with their product. Either they do or don't, I'll let you know.

galaxyge likes this.
  3. Paloseco

Reputations:
    More updates on the BCM94352HMB:

Bluetooth works out of the box in Ubuntu. In order to send files to any device you must add it first from the bluetooth manager, then you can send files to it. You can't do it directly from the contextual menu like in Windows:

[​IMG]

Next, the Wifi does not work out the box, because requires proprietary drivers. You can nevertheless install it from "Additional drivers" panel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The driver is "Broadcom 802.11 Linux STA wireless driver source from bcmwl-kernel-source (proprietary)". However, the wifi speed was quite slow (about 8MBps).

4. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Try installing the VAIO Smart Network from the Sony support page for your model. Note that this is a PITA and will not install easily (try compatibility and admin modes) and, once you have installed it, will not uninstall. A system restore point is recommended if you want to get rid of it later. It will not tell you anything about whether or not it has installed properly, but reboot and it will show up as an icon in your system tray.

Click the icon in the system tray to change the wifi and bluetooth modes as desired.

5. Paloseco

Reputations:
    VAio Smart Nettwork is already installed. The Intel Centrino bluetooth that came with the notebook works out of the box obviously, just was trying to upgrade the wireless card to get dual band wifi and bluetooth 4.0.

6. anytimer

Reputations:
    This is what my device manager looks like. If nothing else, perhaps a clean install of Windows 10 will fix things. You could do it in a VHD so you don't mess up your current system.
    Btw. I have HyperV installed instead of your VMware. Do you think VMware is remembering your old adapter and not letting go?
    devmgr.png

7. Paloseco

Reputations:
    Do you have the same adapter? I don't use vmware, no idea why you say that.

8. anytimer

Reputations:
    No, I have the stock adapter which my laptop came with.
    Look at the third picture you posted above - the first device manager screenshot. VMware is listed there, as is VirtualBox. Perhaps you tried them ages ago and forgot. ;)

Btw, not a good idea to reveal your MAC ID in a public forum. Please edit the picture of your network adapter to smudge that out.

9. Codly

Codly Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In my opinion, try to upgrade Broadcom driver version to 6.5.1.6930 04/08/16

10. Paloseco

Reputations:
    Don't worry, the pictures are from Amazon, not mine. Anyway, I don't have any issue with VMWare or Virtualbox. That's not the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.