AW18 1070

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by Rymesis, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Mauserk98

Mauserk98 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Good luck i hope you solve issues quickly i'll keep an eye on this thread :vbthumbsup:

DaMafiaGamer likes this.
  2. DaMafiaGamer

DaMafiaGamer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've run into a bit of an issue getting power limit throttling with my 4940mx, I have made the turbo boost unlimited and put the current to max. The tdp gets stuck at 83w on prime95 how do I unlock this?

EDIT - Fixed: undervolting is key

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  3. DaMafiaGamer

DaMafiaGamer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Turns out one motherboard works perfectly, lvds screen was issue for the laptop. Images can be requested to show that motherboard works fine...

I can do £200 for that motherboard as it functions perfectly and is NOT REFURBISHED OR REPAIRED under any circumstances it is simply a used item which ironically came out of a brand new alienware 18 which has still got the protective stickers on it and everything

4. Denji

Denji Newbie

Reputations:
    Long time lurker on these forums first time poster (Been looking around since the AW18 launched)

It seems that the 1070 MSI card is what people have recommended in these forums as the go to card. Where would I be able to find one that is reasonably priced. I have looked through the Taobao website (super annoying to navigate even with google translate) and avoided places like Eurocom as they seem to be overpriced, As I understand it there will always be a need for heat sink modifications which I do not have any issues with just trying to breathe some life back into my AW18.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018