AW CES 2011 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by WaR, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bumbo2

bumbo2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    wow! M19X that sound great,hmmm plenty room for a perfect cooling system
    LOL.

2. ryanwhite123

ryanwhite123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There is no reason why Alienware wouldnt make an M13x. There is a growing demand for 13 inch notebooks since netbooks were launched, and with the m11x internals, the m13x could be thinner, have better battery life, and probably upgraded specs due to the better thermal management and lower powered cpu's from sandybridge. They could even throw in a proper i3/i5 to be honest.

For anyone saying that AW will never make a 13inch laptops, your vision is pretty narrow. Shareholders want a good return, and they want AW to keep releasing new and innovative products. The m11x was a 2010 product, simply revising each of its 3 notebook models probably isnt enough, they need to bring something new to the table.

Lets look at apple, they now have 11inch, 13 inch, 15 inch, and 17inch notebooks, as do every other manufacturer on the planet these days. Would it really be that unbelievably for AW to release a 13inch laptop in the near future? Not really, especially considering that the m11x's main critisism is that its just too close to the netbook category in terms of size.

My theory, at some point in 2011 AW will introduce a 13 inch notebook, because it makes good business sense. If you dont believe that, then your looking at this from the wrong angle. A good business should never sell purely what it wants or likes, it should be selling what consumers want. Like i said, there's a big demand for 13/14 inch notebooks, and the m15x is just too big!

3. ryanwhite123

ryanwhite123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If they release a 13 incher though, my m11x is going straight on ebay!

4. 5150Joker

5150Joker Tech|Inferno

Reputations:
    I think some people are ignoring the huge potential market for an M13x. There's a lot of us that passed up the M11x because of it's size and would instantly snap up an M13x that features a decent screen and bigger keyboard. It might even be so popular that M11x sales would be cannibalized.

5. 5150Joker

5150Joker Tech|Inferno

Reputations:

That review is very old. John was talking about actual retail chips that overclockers got their hands on and found limits with them. I'll PM him and ask him to post here.

6. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    hey joker...you guys can start here...scroll down near the bottom and read a bit. from the people who "actually" know something about sandy bridge. :)
    HWBOT News

7. slickie88

slickie88 Master of Puppets

Reputations:
    If Dellienware introduces an M13x with properly designed hinges, get's rid of the yes-I-can-shave-using-this-craptastic-plastic-screen covering the display and does it in about the same footprint as the M11x then I'll be kicking my 11x to the curb.

8. DboogieC

DboogieC Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    ^ i second that !!! a M13x would be the best ! and i could also do without the plastic screen :D

9. 5150Joker

5150Joker Tech|Inferno

Reputations:

So much for unlocked SB chips. :rolleyes: I'll go out on a limb and guess the unlocked mobile chips will have similar limitations.

10. DR650SE

DR650SE The Whiskey Barracuda

Reputations:
    Been a while since I've been on HWBot, but that stinks. I'll be sticking with my 920XM/940XM. Maybe we'll find a way to get to the voltage on these. In any case, that takes out the fun and appeal to me. That makes me much less interested in the R3. Not that I need the power, the R2 I have has plenty of that. Will be interesting to see the chips once launched. Any idea on wether or not an extreme version might be released, and if so, what would "extreme" entail is the question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.