AW 17 R1 Ranger 1070 upgrade FPS drops

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 and M17x' started by illuzionX, May 11, 2018.

1. illuzionX

illuzionX Newbie

Reputations:
    Would I have any other options to install an actual working 1070 in my laptop that's a plug and play option?

2. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    That eurocom claims to be it.

Msi 1070 needs some case mods to make fit and Zbox 1070 needs vbios flash but no case mods.

ll_r1d0_ll likes this.
  3. illuzionX

illuzionX Newbie

Reputations:
    Where could I get a zbox 1070?

4. TheReciever

Reputations:
    From a Zbox with a 1070, there not as available as the msi 1070 and also more expensive, but are mxm 3.0b form factor

5. RYUZAKI L

RYUZAKI L Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, I'm new here in the forum notebookreview and first of all I apologize for my English more or less .. is that in fact I am fluent even in Google Translate !! kkkk .. Reading here all the comments for a few months, I finally created the courage to upgrade my Alienware 17 R1 laptop with a GTX 1070 MXM 3.0 .. then I followed the following procedures that have been described here and there in the forum ..

-I bought a 120 Hz 3D lcd screen and the EDP Cable

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-FHD-17-...h=item33c099def1:g:uNQAAOSw6ShZVQpt:rk:6:pf:0

-I bought a Modified Heat Sink

https://www.ebay.com/itm/All-copper...h=item3ae7543473:g:AfMAAOSwmuVafDUN:rk:2:pf:0

-I unlocked my BIOS with a BIOS A14 +
    -Then I installed the video card and it seemed to connect normally, however I can not install the video drivers !!

Could someone please kindly assist me by providing me a Modified GTX 1070 Driver ?? I still have not learned how to do this !! I would be very grateful for any help !!

https://imgur.com/a/b8UrkjT

I further add that when I received the GTX 1070 MXM 3.0 video card my laptop connected normally, no problem, so I downloaded the alleged GTX 1070 drivers on the EUROCOM website, but none seemed to recognize the graphics card even though it is recognized in the laptop's BIOS! So reading a little more of the forum comments I took the video card to a friend who has a technical assistance and asked him to record the VBIOS MSI_N17E-G2_86.04.31.00.0C NON-GSYNC with an EPRON Recorder but when we make backing up of the original V-BIOS the file looked much bigger "512KB" !! But we still decided to write the new V-BIOS MSI_N17E-G2_86.04.31.00.0C "253KB" because we believed we did the Driver not recognize the graphics card because of the V-BIOS, so after installing the new V-BIOS MSI I can connect the laptop but gave some image distortions so after reinstalling the operating system it seemed to work normal but the result of the drivers were the same and did not recognize the graphics card so I was a little apprehensive as to the difference in size of the original file to the new V-BIOS MSI_N17E-G2_86.04.31.00.0C I was in doubt if at the end of everything I should bother again my friend to go back to the original V-BIOS that came in the Graphic Card !! What do you think I should to make, I should to return to the original V-BIOS "512KB" or I remain with the new V-BIOS MSI "253KB" ?? Although the image distortion soon after recording the new V-BIOS MSI "256KB" after reinstalling the Operating System seemed to work normal as before, however it does not install the video driver as it did with the first Original V-BIOS !!

https://imgur.com/a/JqC1pOC

6. EepoSaurus

EepoSaurus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not sure if you bought a eurocom 1070 or not. If you did then return it as it is notorious for difficulties with the alienware 17r1. I recommend the zotac 1070 or the 1070 on ebay. Ive personally tested both and they work great. This is what you need to get drivers installed on your machine. It's as simple as downloading the linked drivers. Extracting them and then overwriting files within the the driver folder with the modded ones you download on the page. Then you restart with driver enforcement disabled and you install from the modded drivers and you are off and running. Please make sure and thank @j95 for his consistent work and effort and consider donating to keep him doing the good work he does.

https://premamod.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/j95-nvidia-inf/

RYUZAKI L likes this.
  7. RYUZAKI L

Reputations:
    [QUOTE = "EepoSaurus, post: 10847293, member: 586331"] Não tenho certeza se você comprou um eurocom 1070 ou não. Se você fez, devolva-o como é notório por dificuldades com o alienware 17r1. Eu recomendo o zotac 1070 ou o 1070 no ebay. Eu pessoalmente testei ambos e eles funcionam muito bem. Isto é o que você precisa para obter drivers instalados em sua máquina. É tão simples quanto baixar os drivers vinculados. Extraindo-os e, em seguida, sobrescrevendo os arquivos dentro da pasta do driver com os modificados que você baixou na página. Em seguida, você reinicia com a imposição do driver desabilitada e instala a partir dos drivers modificados e está em execução. Por favor, certifique-se e agradeça a [USER = 462874] @ j95 [/ USER] por seu trabalho consistente e esforço e considere doar para mantê-lo fazendo o bom trabalho que ele faz.

https://premamod.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/j95-nvidia-inf/ [/ QUOTE]

Hello friend .. Thank you for your reply.. j95 helped me to complete the installation of the new GTX 1070 I am very grateful to j95 for the support him gave me .. surely I intend to make him a donation ..

Thanks also to TheReciever he was the first to respond to me and to point me out some experts on the subject .. through its indication I manage to make the update successfully .. however I will need to order a PSU 330W when it arrive here, I will to make some benchmarks tests ..

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  8. RYUZAKI L

Reputations:
    I noticed that you also use an i7 4930mx.. do you have some tutorial here in the forum teaching how to make OC for 4.30 GHz??

9. TheReciever

Reputations:
    He has his guide on here of how he overclocked his 4930mx but keep in mind you likely won't be able to copy it exactly as cpu's are not created equal. Each one will require its own tuning.

10. RYUZAKI L

Reputations:
    I understand .. but do you have the link to access this OC i7 4930mx guide ??