Avast is ruining CCleaner -- malware, bundled software, popup ads... what's next?

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Papusan, Jul 13, 2018.

?

Will you continue use CCLEANER?

1. YEES

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. NOPE

15 vote(s)
    51.7%
  3. Don't know yet

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    6730b and Papusan like this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Disgusting!

Need "seeker" aka guinea pig. Avast have released CCleaner v5.70.7909 (06 Aug, 2020)

Important information for Firefox users

If you use Firefox with a Firefox account, we strongly recommend that you update CCleaner to version 5.70 before cleaning. This version of CCleaner fixes an issue that can cause extension settings to be lost in Firefox.

The update also includes performance improvements and improved support for Opera GX.

Important fix for Firefox users

-Fixed a bug where CCleaner could wipe extension settings in Firefox if using a Firefox account

Cleaning

-Added Smart Clean support for Opera GX
    -CCleaner now differentiates between Opera and Opera GX processes
    -Fixed a rare bug where Health Check would not close all selected browsers

General

-Fixed a performance issue where CCleaner could use more CPU than it needed
    -DetectOS syntax correctly supports full Windows build numbers in WinApp2

Errata

Some unfinished improvements to the CCleaner Privacy Settings were included in this version in error. This will be reverted in a patch build and released when ready in a later version of CCleaner. Your existing privacy preferences have not been affected.

Please report if you see something nasty running in the background pushed from Avast Malware Group. Hence the need for guinea pig:D Thanks.

4. cfe

cfe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I recently (~2-3wk ago?) re-installed CCleaner from Google Playstore on my phone, for some long-overdue attention to my bloated storage.

Extremely disappointed with the experience, from the moment of download to daily usage (will probably uninstall again later today, thanks for the reminder :rolleyes: ). I knew this day would arrive eventually, and it has been a long time coming, but I think CCleaner is finally at the point of unusability for me.

Imagine going from the era of preferring CCleaner Portable, on a PC, to discovering that current Android app for my mobile device is actually a giant turd! What a sad moment...

I'm absolutely disgusted with the current CCleaner app. Again, no surprise, but what a shame. Oh well, knew it would hit the point of truly unforgivable crap eventually.

Papusan likes this.
  5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Need "seeker" aka guinea pig. Avast have released CCleaner v5.71.7971 (14, Sept 2020)

The update includes cleaning improvements to Spotify and Firefox cleaning and all users can now opt out of offers for other products.

Cleaning
    • Firefox internet cache cleaning now includes startup cache
    • New! Added cleaning for Spotify to clean cached songs (but not your saved songs for offline use)
    Privacy Settings
    • All users can now opt out of offers for other products

Please report if you see something nasty running in the background pushed from Avast Malware Group. Hence the need for guinea pig:D Thanks.

cfe likes this.
  6. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    yeah no need to create a firewall blocking rule and hosts file blocking anymore:

CCleaner 5.71 with new privacy opt-out for offers

2020-09-16_220532.png

Papusan likes this.
  7. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    why didn't avast think of adding those "opt-out" options to ccleaner sooner?
    better late than never, i guess

Papusan and Spartan@HIDevolution like this.