Auto 4 gears vs Manual 5 gears

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by notyou, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-TRON

K-TRON Hi, I'm Jimmy Diesel ^_^

Reputations:
    My dads truck didnt have any of those byproducts. It doesn't smoke at all, but the gaskets are leaking quite a lot of coolant into the combustion cycle. It burns like a quart an hour. The EGR cooler may be part of the problem, it was just replaced about 3 weeks ago, and it may not have been plumbed properly.

These problems are so annoying, what makes it worse is that ford buries the engine way down in there, so it takes like an hour to get to the top of the engine. That is one of the reasons why I am going to stick with a purely mechanical engine, no stupidity to deal with. I am not at home, so my dad said that by the time he got the air filter out he was already frustrated.

This summer when my dads truck first started having problems, the gas pedal wouldnt do anything. You would floor it and nothing would happen. It turned out that there was water in the fuel filters, and the computer locks the truck at idle to prevent damage. The computer is a nightmare on there, Its got a million fail-safes which do not really do anything any good, and they do not even log, so depending on the computer you test it with, nothing shows up.
    I just hope that the problem is not a warped head, the 6.0's are known for that

I wonder if wrapping the turbo would prevent it from happening?

Syndrome, the allisons arent bad, but they are not manual. A 10-13 speed Eaton would be awesome in a pickup. It sucks that those monster transmissions are only available in kodiaks, and larger topkicks. The janitor I know who has the 5.9 cummins and the bully dog kit, has a 6 speed manual fuller behind his cummins, and its like heaven.

K-TRON

2. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Oh, I'm into auto's. Manuals are to much work.

Yeah, first thing I did on the 08 cummins was drop the DPF and EGR. Wow that stuff is just pure rubbish, and I will testify this on ANY vehicle. Why would you EVER want to put your exhaust into your intake? It just doesn't make any sense. I delete my EGR at 8k miles, and honestly if the CEO of dodge was there at the time I literally would have beaten him with a tire iron. It should be illegal to pump that much soot into an engine as beautiful as the cummins, or any other engine for that matter.

3. millermagic

millermagic Rockin the pinktop

Reputations:
    Can't get rid of EGR or DPF in NY State pretty sure.

I'll take a straight mechanical injection diesel with no pollution garbage. Oh yeah, and it will get better mileage too!

4. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    You can't get rid of it in any state. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.