Audiophile Corner

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Georgel, Jun 24, 2018.

1. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    Best investment ever :vbcool: ! It was very difficult to part with them, so hope shipping won't take too long ...
    Yes, very true. Well ... can't compare them with any other CIEMs, but some nice full-sized headphones do have a better soundstage. Everything else they do just as well and the noise isolation is incomparable, so likewise for the immersion.

2. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    By how you describe them, I am not sure you can get anything better right now, CIEM or universal :)

The most important thing is the signature, if that really fits your tastes like a glove, probability is, even if I do recommend something with more detail, you may not like the signature quite as much

Another thought that may be important is that you can't get more soundstage with most CIEMs solely because of the CIEM design, most of the large soundstage will be with full-szed open-back headphones :)

t456 likes this.
  3. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    Ok, thanks :vbsmile: . If there's only small improvement to be had then I'll keep them if the fee is reasonable enough.

Mr. Fox and Georgel like this.
  4. Georgel

Reputations:
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    Arrrrbol, t456 and Papusan like this.
  6. Georgel

Reputations:
    They have actual vibrators in them if I'm not mistaken

Tested them, the audio quality was one of the worst I tried to date to be honest. The company is also tewrrible with anything regarding customer support, so they have literally no warranty out of store.

Extremely veiled, bass bloated, overtakes everything, treble rolls of quick and also has a metallic tinge. It would probably be nuts to play Doom or any shooter with them though, that I can totally agree with, but for music it is a joke to have haptic feedback embedded in the headphone if you listen to rock or metal, as you can barely hear any guitars or anything that makes sense...

Mr. Fox likes this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    My hearing is so affected from decades of electric and pneumatic power tools, drag racing loud cars and motorcycles (running open headers on both) and hundreds of thousands of rounds of gunfire without any ear protection, I think they sound truly amazing with music or gaming. I can hear everything I can hear really well and the powerful bass response with haptic enhancement really is a treat for me. I have a difficult time with in-ear headphones.

Georgel likes this.
  8. Georgel

Reputations:
    I feel really sorry to hear that... :(

Hope your hearing will be getting better, or at least not get worse. Please take care, hearing is quite sensitive

Mr. Fox likes this.
  9. XiCynx

XiCynx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have one more for you as well, I'm not sure if you have listened to the DENON AH-7000, but I have an opportunity to pick some of these up for Roughly $525 shipped and was wondering your thoughts on these closed back headphones. I know these can go for around $1k brand new so I feel like this is a might fine deal but always want to check with the experts first!

Georgel likes this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Dang, you'd need to be so filthy rich to not care about spending wisdom, a fool where it comes to indiscriminate debt accumulation, and/or have German Shepherd ears to justify headphones that costly. That just crazy expensive, LOL.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018