Audiophile Corner

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Georgel, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Okay, so I have a funny video for you. This is just me doing a comedy bit, and some audio cases there :)

And this is a much more serious video, about the Zombie IEMs from Rhapsodio

hmscott likes this.
  2. Georgel

Reputations:
    hmscott likes this.
  3. Georgel

Reputations:
    I made tree videos, and one full written review since the last time I've posted here [​IMG]

My full in-depth written review about the Young MK III DAC from M2Tech is live now. An Italian DAC with a huge stage and a good clarity, from the high-end area.

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/02/stage-extends-forever-m2tech-young-mk-iii.html

[​IMG]

IEMs with an Alien Design, but comfy, good sound, and a switch for you to configure the kind of sound you want them to have, the 1Custom Junior received a little video [​IMG]

Also, a full sized, high-end Headphone Amplifier / Speaker PREAMP, the Audio-GD Master 19 is really amazing to look at, if you want one of the best out there, for neutral tuning and a large stage!

Also, have you heard of how crazy audiophiles can be, nowadays boliding IEMs and doing some crazy stunts to get the best sound?!?!?!?!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Thank you for keeping these reviews coming @Georgel - you often surprise me with hardware I haven't heard of yet, and I appreciate your efforts.

I would have expected more people here at NBR would be interested in Hifi Sound, as DAC's are so inexpensive now and easy to use with USB PC / Phone connections.

Please keep it up :)

Georgel likes this.
  5. Georgel

Reputations:
    Thank you!! :)

I agree, music can be really fun and people should look more into it! :)

hmscott likes this.
  6. Token CDN

Token CDN Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Boiling eartips. That's a new one. Have you checked out this yet? https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-super-neat-and-easy-custom-fit-earbuds/
    No boiling required, and from the few folks I've talked to that have tried it, works pretty well.

Jumping into the way back machine for a moment, when you reviewed the Xduoo Poke thingy. I'm wondering about this because it is supposed to come with a WMport cable. Did you happen to get the chance to test with any Sony players? I recently picked up an A17. Sounds decent on its own as long as you're not trying to drive anything too power hungry. I was fully planning to use it with either my e12a or nx1 except that LOD cables are pretty much impossible to get now. So I was thinking maybe about getting a DAC/amp to use. The Poke is one option I'm looking at - because it already comes with the needed cable, but I also see that Xduoo also sells other cables that can work either with an Topping NX4 ((an option I've been thinking about for a bit) or an Ifi Hip Dac (usb c).
    Any thoughts?

Georgel and hmscott like this.
  7. Token CDN

Token CDN Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Bluetooth capability is pretty much useless to me. I have no problem using wires.
    The reason the Poke caught my eye is because it seems like it was developed with Sony players in mind - ie. comes with the wmport cable.
    The more I read though, the more I'm leaning towards the Hip Dac.

Regarding the Blon03 cable… Over on HeadFi, a few people have been able to use a hairdryer to soften the QDC end of some cables to help them mold to the 03. Others have sanded the corner of the connector on the earpieces so they can use any cable.
    Me, I bought my 03 bundled with a cable. Just a pretty basic 4 wire cable, but it's made for the 03 and seems like better quality than the stock one.

Georgel likes this.
  8. Georgel

Reputations:
    I made a little video review about the cases for Hiby R6 PRO from Miter and AK Kann Cube :)

Also, made a unique video about EROS and Earbuds?!

9. Georgel

Reputations:
    I should look into that! :)

It does come with a WMport cable, the xDuuo poke thingy.

I think that poke shoulkd make you really happy really, it was excellent all-rounder, no issues and it had good build, good battery and good SQ.

Have not heard Hip Dac YET, but I think it is in a lower price segment, more entry unit/.

10. Georgel

Reputations:
    I made a few new videos, along with a full in-depth written review :)

First off, there is my take on Roksan Caspian, a full sized Integrated Amplifier for Speakers from UK. Lots of power, and voted a few times product of the year, but is it good enough?

Next off, I made a video on HIDIZS MS1 Rainbow, a pair of IEMs that look as conspicious as you'd imagine a rainbow IEM would look. Gold with glitter. Also warm, and bassy, but for 50 - 100 USD, are they actually good? :)

And finally, I made an in-depth review about TA-10, a powerful DAC/AMP from xDuoo and XTENIK, priced at 290 USD, but having the power to drive basically anything :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/03/monster-power-midrange-price-xduoo-ta10.html

[​IMG]