Audiophile Corner

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Georgel, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'd prbably go with option 3

IF you go deep in tubes, you'll probably go to something like Feliks Echo next :)

---

MY in-deph review of iBasso IT01S IEMs is live now!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/12/upgrading-classic-ibasso-it01s-iems-review.html

[​IMG]

hmscott likes this.
  2. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Things change :) After more reading and testing, I've discovered my G6 is outputting hissssh on the Line-Out and Headphone Out, due to noisy USB power. When connected to my phone vis USB-C to USB-A hub (phone powered), the G6 is silent. Also, I'm not completely sold on the multibit DAC being better than delta-sigma. I also feel these DT-1990 are looking for more power, even at lower levels. At louder levels the cans become very lively, but lose this somewhat when volume drops.

So now I am thinking the Schitt Asgard 3, and later invest in a Topping D50. I ordered an iFi iDefender3.0 to isolate the G6 from the PC power, and supply it either by a USB Power dongle, or use a spare Powerbank I have. Battery power tends to be cleaner vs AC. The powerbank should have enough power to run the G6 all day, and I can recharge it overnight.

Georgel and hmscott like this.
  3. Chastity

Reputations:
    Fixed my dirty USB power issue, using powered hub on one of my Seagate USB3 HDD enclosures with 2-port hub. Nice and dark now. :)

Georgel and hmscott like this.
  4. Georgel

Reputations:
  5. Chastity

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Say hello to my new Schiit Asgard 3 amplifier. :) My favorite aspect of the upgrade is the Class A power, enabling sustained dynamic range at lower volume levels. (500mW of Class A power)

Georgel, Convel and hmscott like this.
  6. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    Hifiman is giving away the classic RE00s for $19.90 right now. I bought two just to stock up and so I could give the RE300a that come along to family. The classic RE-ZERO is basically what got me into this hobby a decade ago. It's just a throw in with a mediocre IEM now, crazy.

Got my first pair in today, plugged into my Schiit Jotunheim right now, which connects to my laptop via its multibit DAC module. Put on the newest FKA Twigs album. There it is, the RE0 lineage still has some of the best treble presentation I've ever heard out of an IEM.

At hone I mostly stick to full-sized cans, using a HiFiman Sundara or E-MU Teak, both with custom XLR cables to take advantage of the Jotunheim's balanced output.

On the go I use the OPPO PM-3 when it's cold and IEMs when it gets hot. Current main is the 1MORE Triple Driver IEM I picked up a few weeks ago just to see what the fuss is about.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    Georgel likes this.
  7. Georgel

Reputations:

hmscott likes this.
  8. Georgel

Reputations:
    hmscott likes this.
  9. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    How goes the FiiO EH3 NC listening? :)

I'm enjoying the FiiO BTR5 BT LDAC + 384/32 USB DAC with KZ ZSX and ZSN Pro for mobile use.

The FiiO BTR5 used as a USB DAC on a Windows 10 PC is a large jump up in audio quality as is LDAC support for Bluetooth with my Note 10+.

https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-BTR5-24...hone-Unbalanced/dp/B07ZK3M6XK#customerReviews

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Georgel likes this.
  10. Georgel

Reputations:
    Actually my Youtube Review video about them is live just about now :)

hmscott likes this.