Audiophile Corner

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Georgel, Jun 24, 2018.

1. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Oh no of course not! lol

Would be nice to have though ;_; especially with some nice cans. If I dont get myself anything nice or I get sick of my SHP9500's in the next couple of months then I might just go with this anyways...

Georgel likes this.
  2. Aeyix

Aeyix Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Those are all unfortunately well out of my price range. The CX 275s I bought for around $50. The replacement set around $30. The Momentum were a bad buy on my part and too expensive at $100. The CX 300s I'm kind of curious on is $50.

Georgel likes this.
  3. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    KZ AS10
    Tin T3
    FiiO F9 Pro while on sale

Those would probably be interesting :)

I see

Well, SHP 9500 is quite excellent, very hard to find a replacement even close as far as the price range goes :)

4. TheReciever

Reputations:
    Yeah they arent half bad, but they are held together with super glue now and now they are much too expensive for what they are.

Its why I have been looking at the HD6XX as a viable replacement, just need to find a suitable amp/dac thingo

Georgel likes this.
  5. Aeyix

Aeyix Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    After mulling it over for a bit, I realize that going without a mic will likely cause me to not use the IEMs that much. I use my mic like 2-3 times a week at minimum. Which is why the CX 275s that I've loved for over half a decade are a problem, if I touch the screen while they are in, anyone on the other end hears buzzing as of recently. I didn't have that before and don't have that with the Momentums. My big concerns on the Momentums is seemingly worse sound quality than the CX which I find laughable given the marketing comparison, they don't fit comfortably whatsoever, seem to rely on the silicone to stay in and doesn't rest on the ear at all, M size is too small and L are too big. I've got my eye on the CX 300S still given that Sennheiser has mostly treated me well for the past decade on headsets for my computer and my cellphone. But with your two FiiO recommendations and the fact I've been loving one of their DAC/Amps for my laptop for half a decade, I'm kind of curious on the F5 since they include a mic and cost nearly the same as the CX 300S. They look kind of bulky to me and wonder if that'd be an issue listening to them when laying on my side in bed for example. The other worry is their impedance lists 32 ohm and my phone doesn't trigger the amp or its "high impedance" mode till 50 ohms apparently. They drove my 150 ohm PC 350's just fine but I find for example between my CX 275s and Momentums which are 16 and 18 ohm respectively that I need to raise the volume roughly 13% to bring the volume to level, which is nearing the upper limit of volume on my phone depending on what I'm listening to and activity (like mowing). I don't know enough about output voltages and headphone impedance to know if the 16 and 18 would actually be noticeable or if that is just a difference in the headphones themselves. Also, any thoughts on the KZ ZS6? Or any other IEM recommendations that have a mic and are in the $50 ballpark range? Edit: or FiiO FH1

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Georgel likes this.
  6. Georgel

Reputations:
    Go with FH1, safest option, you shouldn't regret :)

Detail and comfort should be above most competitors in tha tprice range anyways :)

---

My In-Depth Review of Verum One is live now!! :)

This is an amazing headphone, especially if you're looking for something musical, lush, and at a very pocket-friendly price.

Some magical photos in the review as well!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/07/thicc-warm-detail-verum-1-one-planar-magnetic-headphones-review.html

[​IMG]

Arrrrbol likes this.
  7. TheReciever

Reputations:
    So I have decided to get the Fidelio X2HR's since they are 200 USD on amazon now.

The question I have for you guys is this, and I think this will be the last time for a while that i pick your brains lol

I plan to get a PS4 Pro at some point to finally catch up on the games I have missed out there but would like to use what ever AMP/DAC whether it be a combo or single unit with both the laptop and also the console. I guess for hte console it would be digital output? Laptop could be via USB.

It would also need to be fine to use outside of the US since I plan to travel to Korea which uses 220v power.

I saw the magni + modi combo and seems to be an easy decision for most but as you know Im outside of my depth here.

Thanks again guys!

Georgel likes this.
  8. Georgel

Reputations:
    Good question. At that price I'm not sure what to recommend. TA10 from xDuoo is too pricey for you?

https://www.xtenik.com/product/xduoo-ta-10-usb-tube-headphone-amplifier/

TheReciever and Arrrrbol like this.
  9. TheReciever

Reputations:
    Thanks for the recommendation!

I just got the Fidelio X2HR since its 189 on Amazon, to couple it I came across the Micca Origen G2 since it can be powered via USB and also via barrel plug with SPDIF in.

That and seems fairly portable compared to the tube amps or the modi + magni 3 setups.

The X2HR's only have a 30ohm resistance so I think it should pair well?

Well at least on paper lol

Georgel likes this.
  10. Token CDN

Token CDN Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You should be good. The X2 do benefit from a more powerful amp (I use a Vali2), but for gaming and such, they are more than adequate straight from my laptop's headphone jack (saves me from eating up a USB port)