Audiophile Corner

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Georgel, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    If there's any advice I can offer, is stay away from cheap mainstream MP3 players, and go for something high quality and boutique. Search for iBasso DX220 , QLS QA 361 or something that is really said to have an excellent sonic quality. Also invest in a good headphone of today, like HIFIMAN Sundara, or Brainwavz Alara.

I also remember the magic of the old days, although I'm younger, but in 2005, I was also using some cheap headphones with a casette player, and the experience was quite magical

---

Also

My review of the xDuoo X20 is live now :)

Very interesting DAP, lots of driving power, very clean and clear sound, and made especially for those who want a DAP with physical buttons rather than a touch screen.

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/06/red-magic-xduoo-x20-dap-review.html

[​IMG]

Arrrrbol and Tinderbox (UK) like this.
  2. Georgel

Reputations:
  3. Georgel

Reputations:
  4. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    What do you guys think of the HD6XX? I was thinking that might be the one for me since I missed out on that sale of the X2HR's

Which then begs the question, what are decent DAC/AMPs that are portable? I do still plan to move to Korea when the timing is right so I need something I can throw in the pack. Regarding my previous conditions, we can wash them to keep it simpler.

Thanks everyone!
    EDIT: Would the FiiO K3 or FiiO A5 be a good suitor to the HD6XX?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    hmscott and Georgel like this.
  5. Georgel

Reputations:
    6XX is excellent at that price

Only Sundara makes a real competition against it if you want that kind of sound

And Verum One

Verum One - easiest to drive, smoother, more heavy, can't use it outside, because of design

Sundara - lighter sound, deep bass, less thickness, more detail, hardest to drive of the 3

6XX - average easy to drive. Smooth. Not deep bass impact. A bit smooth and simple, but otherwise excellent. Not great not terrible, very natural sound that's in no way very impressive, but it is reliable and a good purchase nonetheless

Other two options sound better than 6xx, but each has its own downsides

hmscott likes this.
  6. Aeyix

Aeyix Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on inexpensive IEMs specifically for an LG V30. I currently use Sennheiser CX 275s (my 2nd pair now) as I enjoy the sound they provide and the fact they sit low profile on my ears so I can lay on my side with them in. The inline microphone is an added bonus and originally was the main reason I purchased them. However I've been contemplating looking for an alternative set for replacing these and moving them to backup. Currently my backup is a pair of Sennheiser in-ear Momentums that I regret wasting money on years ago... I've barely ever used them as I find the sound too tinny and I find them uncomfortable in my ears.

Edit: Ironically a couple hours after posting this ran into a seemingly new product from Sennheiser called the CX 300S and was wondering if anyone knew anything about these?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    hmscott likes this.
  7. Georgel

Reputations:
    At low prices, Senny is bad price / performance ratio, mostly thrashy products.

You need something Chifi that has really high price / performance ratio

I'd recommend checking out something comfortable but affordable. From this series, try

iBasso IT01S
    Dunu Falcon-C
    FiiO FH7

Those are pretty great.

8. Georgel

Reputations:
  9. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Looks good, wish I could justify 400 USD for it though lol

Georgel likes this.
  10. Georgel

Reputations:
    If you can't maybe there are other choices better for you! :)

I'm here to help people find their best choice, not necessarily to make you get anything lol

TheReciever likes this.