Audiophile Corner

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Georgel, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Gursimran82956

Gursimran82956 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Georgel any opinions so far on campfire comet vs senfer dt6 vs moondrop kanas pro?

2. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Hi there! :)

What type of sound are you looking for?

I heard not one of those, but I have a huge collection of IEMs in the 100 - 200 USD price range, and I should be able to assist :)

Gursimran82956 likes this.
  3. Gursimran82956

Reputations:
    I'm looking for something which is not fatiguing and which is something warm(somewhat durable)(i think it will compliment dt770, or not, idk), i mainly listen to pop+edm mix, kpop and instrumental.my budget is at max 200$.
    So i can't do fh5 which are for ≈250

Georgel likes this.
  4. Georgel

Reputations:
  5. Georgel

Reputations:
    Warm and smooth in that price range, I'd say go with something like Shozy CP I linked above if you want midrange-forward, or you could consider something like Final Audio E4000, which should be unbeatable for that price and for this type of sound

Gursimran82956 likes this.
  6. Gursimran82956

Reputations:
    Thanks for helping me choose

Georgel likes this.
  7. Arrrrbol

Arrrrbol Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Georgel What is your opinion of "burn in"? Some say it is a myth, while others swear by it and have special techniques to burn in their new headphones. I'm interested to hear what you think.

Georgel likes this.
  8. Georgel

Reputations:
    I'm always happy to help! :)

Hm....

I'm torn about this. Some stuff sounds better after a while, and some doesn't

Speaker burn in is very real and physical.

Electronic burn-in is real, and proven in factories, where they typically do it to lower the number of returned products, or of DOA

Everything has some degree of burn-in, but whether a IEM or a headphone has an audible burn-in is a more complex story. I do burn-in with music, for a number of hours, at normal listening volume, because I do reviews, but I do not necessarily hear it as much with everything. I certainly heard some changes in sound with some equipment, but not with everything, and I stronlgy believe that it has a mental / psychological side as well, where you literally get used to a new sound.

With over 100 pieces of equipment, I'd have noticed if everything got some kind of burn-in, but more than anything, I notice myself adjusting and learning how everything sounds. Of course, some do change, but most certainly not all.

Arrrrbol and Gursimran82956 like this.
  9. Georgel

Reputations:
    Also, new video on youtube! :)

Arrrrbol and Gursimran82956 like this.
  10. Arrrrbol

Arrrrbol Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I found pretty much the same, some of my headphones were very noticeable, while others sound the same as the day I first got them. You are probably right that most of it is psychological though - it took me a while to get used to my K550s as they are pretty neutral sounding compared to other headphones i've used. I found the same thing was true going to a more warm sounding non-neutral pair - the bass was overwhelming at first until I got used to it.

Georgel likes this.