Audi owner had his car taken home over the weekend by dealer mechanic

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Tsunade_Hime, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    If you think removing the entire engine from a vehicle is regular maintenance, then yeah, there's a disconnect between our definitions, lol.

2. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Well I was poking fun at the Audi because most cars you don't need to remove the engine to get the thermostat/water pump, it was just an extreme example. :p

I looked at my XV's spark plugs...there's this metal piece covering the spark plugs on opposite sides of the block, I think my old 240SX spoiled me for maintenance, the spark plugs were on top of the valve cover, that was such an easy car to do any repairs on.

3. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Ah, I see. I misinterpreted what you were getting at. Gotta love when that happens.

Yeah, that's a bit ridiculous. I've never owned an Audi or any German vehicle. If that's the case, I probably won't ever own one, lol.

4. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Those 3.0 V6 engines have timing belt between engine and cab, engine needs to be taken out. Don't know about V8 or V10, anything fitted with them is above my paygrade anyways. 3.0 V6 models are affordable but not desirable for said reason :p

Old V6 engines (2.8, 2.6) had it on front and changing that was almost as easy/fast as 1.8T 4cyl engines. I had it done on my previous A6 shop charged 3.5 hours work (and it actually was ready in ~4 hours). This reminds me... I should go and book time for belt change for this current A4 too :(

5. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Now that I think about it, that particular dealership lost their Dodge brand. There is a new one in town maybe it is better than the last thugs who ran it.

6. kais91

kais91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    stealerships = garbage. better and cheaper to find reliable indy mechanics. remember to always take note of your mileage before and after dropping your car off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.