Audi A4 opinions please

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Fishon, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    A good possibility of purchasing an new Audi A4 this weekend. Last few days of a summer sale and they are offering 0.9% on short term.

Why I like the A4? It's not a Lexus or a BMW and performance and power appear superior than comparable models. In general, positive or negative opinions on the A4? If negative, please advise.

I would like the Quattro but it is approx $5k more. I live in Southern California and while I can feel the superiority of the ride, is it worth it?

Premium, premium plus and prestige packages as well as different sport packages. One of the sport packages comes with 18" rims and a bit lower on the suspension. Also, low low mileage 2011's for maybe 2k less but with the 3 year extended warranty. Worth the savings or not? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. PatchySan

PatchySan Om Noms Kit Kat

Reputations:
    Well they say the Audi A4 doesn't drive as sharp compared to the BMW 3 Series and the Sport Suspension setup can be a bit hard in terms of comfort though this depends on where you live (in my area it can be atrocious with broken roads and such). Quattro's also tend to drink a bit of fuel too so its something to consider if you're conscious about the cost of running it.

Though there isn't a lot to dislike the Audi A4, it's a smart and competent compact executive. The 2.0 TFSI engine is a solid and willing engine too, they use this in the VW GTI. It's a shame the US don't have diesel options as they provide best balance of performance and fuel economy, a 2.0 TDI (170PS) does 46 US MPG and still goes up to 143 MPH. Unsurprisingly Diesels are popular against Petrol (Gasolene) engines here in Europe. But overall the Audi A4 is a not bad choice, a solid one though personally I would go for a BMW 3 Series in this segment myself...

3. Kaelang

Kaelang Requires more Witcher.

Reputations:
  4. CanadianDude

CanadianDude Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I would always get Quattro because without it it's just another run of the mill FWD car.

I'd rather get the BMW for a real RWD experience.

5. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    A4 isn't a bad car, but in reality it is a glorified VW. And Audi/VW aren't exactly the most reliable brand out. If you are looking for something relatively sporty, why not look at a G37 from Infiniti? Consumer Report top pick for a long while, reliable.

6. The Happy Swede

The Happy Swede Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ive driven one, and i have been sitting in one quite often. And i have to say that you dont really get much for you´re buck... Its by no means a bad car, but i would prefer a VW or a BMW.

7. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    This. That's the thing what makes it different from others.

8. PatchySan

PatchySan Om Noms Kit Kat

Reputations:
    I feel happy that your opinion vindicated the choice of my cars! :)

9. The Happy Swede

The Happy Swede Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Heh :D Yeah those 2 are the favorites out of the 48 cars my dad has had during his life time :3 The last BMW he had was a BMW 520i and my mother has a VW Golf +, both are very nice cars!

10. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I wouldn't buy an Audi without Quattro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.