ATI LCD color adjustment tips...

Discussion in 'LG' started by MWP, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Lefty Supremacist

Lefty Supremacist Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello all, started using these settings on my new Z70Va and love them. However, I want to know how to get ATI Tray Tools to stop loading the default settings and requiring me to go into the advanced menu in display settings to get the colors set again. Thanks in advance.

2. coriolis

coriolis Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You have to install the ATI Catalyst drivers, once you do, in the start bar, under programs, there should be a Catalyst Control Center folder and a program by the same name, run that and it'll be a breeze from there!

3. coriolis

coriolis Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Stickied :)

4. Lobster

Lobster Newbie

Reputations:
    These settings do not apply do Intel graphics chip. Does anyone have recommended settings for other than ATI chips?

5. SergesPlace

SergesPlace Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'd like to know myself. I'm currently playing around with the RivaTuner color correction. If anyone else with intel graphics is using RivaTuner and has come out with some good color settings using the blue,green,red please post the settings. Or, if there's any other utility you're using sucessfully please post it. Thanks :)

6. ennoia

ennoia Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't notice that on mine, but that could be a number of things... older model, not the glossy screen, or perhaps the linux drivers are different ? :eek:

7. Heavenz

Heavenz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I tried the settings.. they are ok. But i prefer the defaults lol. These ones become abit too yellow orange-ish, like a sunset [on my screen anyways]

Good post tho.

8. Darrick

Darrick Notebook Deity NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Umm.. can someone explain how I can do this on my Nvidia control panel?

There's no way I can adjust the brightness to below 40% (contrast limited to 30%) .... if I try put all those at 30% and 40%, I can't see a thing on the screen.... and the gamma correction seem to have default values in the slider, the closest I can get is 1.16 ...

9. berni29

berni29 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi

I have a T1 and will run my colourvision Spyder on it when I get home and let you know how it goes. It works well on my desktop LCD.

Berni

10. berni29

berni29 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi

I used the Colorvision Spyder (Colourplus) on the T1 and the screen is much better now. It was not until I did the before and after comparison that I could see how far out it was. Much too blue and very little contrast.

Berni