ASUS ZEPHYRUS S GX531GS Owner’s Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by LeoNivorous, Sep 27, 2018.

1. LeoNivorous

LeoNivorous Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys, I’m making this thread early since I get mine tomorrow so I’ll be posting my benchmarks, thermals, glitches and be taking pictures of the laptop when I open it up so you guys will know what to suspect.

I'll be adding a 1TB M.2 so I can also post a small guide on it if anyone would want that.

2. HeavyUser

HeavyUser Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    We can compare temps :p

On the truck for delivery today, cant wait!

Edit: ITS HERE!!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  3. LeoNivorous

Reputations:

Pictures please?

4. HeavyUser

Reputations:
    I'm at work so I cant take the proper photos, i'll take some when I get home.

I did run some quick firestrike benches though. All looks pretty decent from what I can tell[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. LeoNivorous

Reputations:
    nice, temps look pretty good. Good thing Asus didn't want to try a I9 themselves XD like they tried a 1080 on the last one

6. HeavyUser

Reputations:
    Yea temps seem manageable, still thinking about repasting though.

I'm having an issue with Asus Armory Crate though, the Aura Section is very buggy for me.

When I try to change the Aura Effect sometimes it doesn't change, also sometimes the mouse doesn't sync colors with the keyboard even though it is configured to do. Annnd lastly, increasing brightness on the aura lights seems to do nothing which is kind've a bummer as the RGB lighting on the keyboard is pretty dim at the moment.

Let me know what yours does when you get it tomorrow.

Edit: So everyone who ordered this is aware. I bought mine from amazon with the mouse bundle, it did not come with COD4.

7. LeoNivorous

Reputations:
    Well I told Amazon and they say I'm entitled to it so I'll see if complaining will get me the copy. usually they work something out tbh. Also, did you look through your emals? they said it should come in one.

8. HeavyUser

Reputations:
    Yea, I checked three times just to make sure. I'll call them later tonight and see if I can get one out of them.

Fixed the keyboard RGB Brightness issue by updating the software.

So far am I very happy with this laptop, so much so that I cancelled my MSI P65 that I had on pre order.

Edit: When I calibrate the screen with my X-Rite i1 Display Pro do you want me to post the ICC profile for you to download?

9. LeoNivorous

Reputations:
    That's up to you. Is the P65 like the GS65? because I had a hands on experience with the GS65 was way too flimsy by my tastes.

Well the Website Page says you get one so Amazon has to give it to you or they could be liable for false advertising a promotion

10. IVILyric

IVILyric Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    By any chance have you tried out the Zephyrus M GM501GS? I'm curious if battery life is any different between the two. That's pretty much will be the deciding factor for me. Although I believe they both have the same size battery, I guess I'm hoping the removal of G-Sync and dropping from a 1070 to 1070 Max Q has made some kind of difference.

As for the COD promotion, that sucks to hear you weren't supplied a code. I mentioned in another post that I chatted with ASUS customer support and was told that the bundle does not qualify for the COD promotion and that Amazon set it to either one or the other (free game or free mouse). Hopefully getting in touch with Amazon about it works out for you.

EDIT: I found this thread on the Asus Reddit board https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/9j4vwh/bought_zephyrus_m_cant_get_black_ops_4_promotion/. It mentions something that needs to be installed to redeem the COD offer. Maybe this will help you out.