*** ASUS Zephyrus M (GM501) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Waseem.852, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Jena_Plissken

Jena_Plissken Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The Zephyrus M has two available ram slots, so yes, it is dual-channel capable; but usually it is sold with only 1x16gb module installed instead of 2x8gb or 2x16gb.

2. prinzhernan

prinzhernan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh! I didn’t get a dual channel unit. Mine came with 1x 16gb. I added another 16gb to it. My original question was is this okay even if the brands don’t match. I attached a photo to the original post from my cpu z.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Jena_Plissken

Reputations:
    Uh... I think I didn't understand the question then, sorry.
    Anyway yes, it's always suggested to make the modules match, they should be exactly the same with the same serial number (in this case another Hynix module of the same type and number). This doesn't necessarily mean that it couldn't work with modules mismatched, but it may cause problems.

4. QueadlunnRau

QueadlunnRau Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    your screenshot is showing your system is using it as dual channel so you should be good, just watch out for the possible random BSOD.

Had a HELL of a time troubleshooting a random BSOD issue like 5 years ago on my gaming rig, thought it was my overclocking, turned out to be what I thought was using the same memory, however 2 of the sticks were newer with a slightly different part number using dual rank, took out my old memory and no more BSOD.

5. Devesc

Devesc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys' i have reached 90degrees on gpu for BFV... Is it also what you get ? Normally I am around 80-84...

By the way i think it's still safed at this level isn't ?

6. mediadoctor

mediadoctor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    To Devesc,
    90 degrees without undervolting this normal for Zephyrus, with undervolting CPU i have 80 degrees and ~90 fps

7. Jena_Plissken

Reputations:
    Lately I'm getting some extra degrees on gpu: it reaches 80-81° max now, way too easily on balanced fan, where before it only reached from 74 to 78 degrees.

Could it be dust maybe, and ambient temp increased by 2°... how much often do you think would be necessary to clean the dust on the inside?

Sure you meant gpu and not cpu? Because 90° on gpu actually isn't normal...

8. Devesc

Devesc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Gpu guys... But limit is higher I think ?

Liquidmetal doesn't help for gpu....or I missed repast...

9. Jena_Plissken

Reputations:
    Temperature limit for 1070 in GM501 should be 91°, or at least this is reported in gpu-z card info.
    I would strongly suggest you to check why it can reach that temperature, excluding possible causes one by one or doing a re-format of the entire system. Cause usually, on this machine, gpu temperature in most cases stays behind 85°, and in some other cases even behind 80°.

Devesc likes this.
  10. Denjin

Denjin Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    On the RAM front, I am using mis-matched brands and have had no issues. I think it is running too slow though, due to this.

[​IMG]