*** ASUS Zephyrus M (GM501) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Waseem.852, Nov 21, 2017.

1. foliagegreen

foliagegreen Newbie

Reputations:
    GM501GS, BIOS 304

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  2. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Could you update to bios 306? See if that addresses the problem.

3. foliagegreen

foliagegreen Newbie

Reputations:
    updated BIOS, problem unforunately remains

4. _deadbydawn_

_deadbydawn_ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    checked the one of my wife (she got one as well haha) and temp shows the same (of the ssd), so all good, must be wrong value like you stated.

thanks for your info and sorry for the late reply, have been in the military for a while -.- :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

5. _deadbydawn_

_deadbydawn_ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    is it just me or is there no way to enable any lights (keyboard etc.) while not plugged in to a power outlet and therefore have power saver active?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

6. foliagegreen

foliagegreen Newbie

Reputations:
    is anyone else experiencing really high temps while gaming? i read through the various undervolt posts and i tried it at the recommended ts -.125 and .-50 settings and its not bringing my temps down. i'm experiencing high 80c - 93c without gsync and with gsync on it tops out at like 96c. i'm just wondering if i have a defective unit or if this is normal. this is while running monster hunter world btw. thanks.

7. leftisthominid

leftisthominid Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    On a few occasions. I need to get them off my phone. One time I also found this in the area above the keyboard.

I check for dead pixels and specks of dust on the screen religiously. I load 1920 × 1080 images of pure white/red/green/blue and comb through them with a glasses cloth. If I see a spec and it doesn't wipe away, it is game-over.

I have zero tolerance on this matter. If I am spending 2200+tax on a laptop, it better have a flawless screen.

(I am going in for a eighth one... I don't want to pay the Razer tax for a GTX 1070 and reliance totally on expensive M.2 drives)

Attached Files:

8. Jesse Rockwell

Jesse Rockwell Newbie

Reputations:
    Original 1080 Maxq GX501 owner here. I am very happy with the laptop, aside from the difficult to clean fans.

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with both the original and "M" versions?

Which did you prefer and why?

9. Vinny V.

Vinny V. Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is that for GPU? I got mine from HIDevolution with the thermal grizzly conductonaut on both CPU and GPU, and when everything is under FULL LOAD the CPU will cap at 70c and the GPU will stay at 90c.

10. PopeMuShin

PopeMuShin Newbie

Reputations:
    Curious if you have performed any undervolting or Vinny, or is that simply with the LM treatment?