*** ASUS Zephyrus M (GM501) Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Waseem.852, Nov 21, 2017.

1. DONGSQUAD69

DONGSQUAD69 Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anybody had issues with the audio not working after undervolting?
    I found this thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...r-and-mouspad-stop-working-after-undervolting
    He has the same issues as me. I undervolted -150mv/-70mv cache and the laptop works fine I stress tested it VERY intensely and it was fine. Then I turn my laptop off and put it back on a few hours later and all of a sudden it's not working. I have absolutely no idea why. I reverted the undervolt and it still didn't work.

2. Th3GamingL0L

Th3GamingL0L Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey people,

Asus might've released updates to their software like Aura Core. I woke up this morning and the Aura core app from Windows store now works. Also, the ROG armory software now works even when Aura is running (albeit still not as streamlined regarding sync).

3. Solnev

Solnev Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    https://www.asus.com/ie/Laptops/ROG-Zephyrus-M-GM501/HelpDesk_Download/

Try to download the appropriate driver and see if it works. I'm not 100% sure if this will help solve your problem but I hope it works.

4. Vinny V.

Vinny V. Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Really happy to be receiving mine on Friday afternoon! Can't wait to get the @Phoenix treatment too!

Any consensus on what the best undervolting levels should be in Throttlestop for this machine? Thanks!

5. Th3GamingL0L

Th3GamingL0L Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Core: -.125V
    Cache: -.05V

Source: Youtube

No BSODs so far during 3 weeks of use with heavy gaming (multiple hours of Witcher 3 that is modded to oblivion).

Temps
    CPU: Max - 90C but it is a hot day. Avg: high 70s to low 80s C
    GPU: High 70s C

Keep in mind these temps are undervolted + LM repaste and Fujipoly pads by HID

Vinny V. likes this.
  6. Support.1@XOTIC PC

Support.1@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Thanks for posting. I am always curious about these numbers.

7. Vinny V.

Vinny V. Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Excellent thanks @Th3GamingL0L ! I have the same cooling solution by HIDevolution too, so it's a perfect suggestion!

8. Tweekme

Tweekme Newbie

Reputations:
    I found this FAQ on the ASUS website today. It is dated yesterday:

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1036506

It talks about the new 2.5 version of ROG Aura Core. I am on a chat now with ASUS trying to get this new version. The one on the Microsoft store is still 2.1.18.0

The support person said that the ROG Aura apps are now only on the MS store. Interesting...

I am off the chat. Case is escalated up to higher tier in support. They said expect an email in the next 1-2 days.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  9. Fungus99

Fungus99 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a few questions:
    1) Is the tb3 4 lanes?
    1) if so will gsync still work if it's connected to an egpu with a nvidia card?
    3) Can the bottom raised plate be removed cause i think it's just ugly.
    4) ls the bezel plastic or metal?
    5) Any keyboard flex
    6) will the software switch from gsync to optimus still work in a few years time when say a new Windows os comes out. The system will have to last me 7 plus years

10. DONGSQUAD69

DONGSQUAD69 Newbie

Reputations:
    The problem fixed itself when I booted up one day. Weird thing is I was still undervolted -125mV core/-50mV cache but I've never heard of speakers ceasing function based on a cpu undervolt. Regardless, I'm glad it did but I would've enjoyed a shiny new GM501 which was exactly the same :D

Anyone here know of vinyl skins available for the GM501? I've seen some for the GX501 but I really want some for the GM501 as this thing is a fingerprint magnet and then some. Also, anyone heard of them affecting thermals?
    Cheers!