Asus Zenbook UX430UA touchpad problem

Discussion in 'Asus' started by ZombieHero3, Jul 9, 2017.

1. gg007

gg007 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't think this is software issue... I think it's hardware-related. Besides, "You should try Linux"... is not a valid option. Linux is not a viable solution for PCs used for running businesses. One may argue this but look around... here in N. America, virtually no one uses Linux for business.

2. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Does this occur, with and without the touchpad driver installed?

3. joselehhh

joselehhh Newbie

Reputations:
    I've recently bought the ux410ua without dedicated grapchics. The touchpad works but It gives the sensation of not being smooth at all. It is like if the Asus were a low end device in certain aspects. Overall, with an ssd and another stick of 8 gb of RAM, this laptop performs quite good

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4 mediante Tapatalk

4. dave8x

dave8x Newbie

Reputations:
    I have similar problem with precision touchpad on my new Asus Zenbook UX410UA. After a while (it can be minutes or hours) of using touchpad cursor is going crazy, jumps, speeds up, makes slalom or stutter. Laptop restart is a remedy then. It's intermittent and hard to reproduce at will. I tried to update and uninstall Asus PTP drivers but no luck, maybe a bit better on default system drivers instead PTP.
    Many other users have such problems, here is similar problem from another user:

I'm not sure but i think that most of Zenbook series with new "precision" touchpad technology and metal case are affected in some way.
    BTW. I found that there is no such problem using Ubuntu Linux.

The second problem is touchpad noise clicking on touch, but that is another story of this crap. In summary: Zenbook has got the worst touchpad i have ever experienced.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  5. Nadine Ramirez

Nadine Ramirez Newbie

Reputations:
  6. brattak

brattak Newbie

Reputations: