ASUS Zenbook UX310UQ - Does the M.2 slot support PCIe SSD?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by siutoto, Sep 23, 2016.

1. JaneZen

JaneZen Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, using a UX430UQ. Anyone here who had upgraded its OEM SSD (SanDisk) to a NVMe SSD, such as Samsung 960 PRO, had issues or problems later with the UX430UQ's Touchpad? If so, how did you fix the touchpad?

2. dknyc

dknyc Newbie

Reputations:
    Go device manager update the touchpad.

3. MichaelTJ

MichaelTJ Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,
    Thanks for a very informative post. It was just what I was looking for. I am about to buy a new zenbook. I currently own two UX32VD's and are really pleased with the performance and value of these machines.

So after all you guys have tried what shuld I buy?
    The UX310UQ or the UX410UQ?
    I'm really hungry for the 310 because of the second storage and the QHD+ screen.

I'm struggeling to find a reason to get the UX410 other than a smidge bigger screen.

So, any thoughts?

I think my ultimate machine would be the 430, but I can't get that here.

-Michael

4. JaneZen

JaneZen Newbie

Reputations:
    Alright. I somewhat reinstalled that Windows 10 OS and it just got things worked out. So basiclly, having UX430UQ & Samsung 960 PRO 512GB SSD, I could say that:
    by CrystalDiskMark 5:
    1875MB\s Read speed.
    1700-1800MB\s Write Speed.

It feels good, it feels fast and I'm satisfied!

BTW I suggest it to check up things about the UX430UN! which is a better version of the UX430UQ.

5. MichaelTJ

MichaelTJ Newbie

Reputations:
    Why the UX430UN? From what I have found it does not have;
    1) a second storage
    2) Looks like a lesser graphics card.
    3) lesser screen quality (than UX310UQ)

Is there something I'm missing here?

6. JaneZen

JaneZen Newbie

Reputations:
    1. Well it doesn't have a second storage, but I myself can ahieve the best out of one 512GB SSD.
    2. MX150 is actually better than the 940MX. You can compare the two, but it's not such big difference. It just matters in case that you can still pick up one from these: UX430UQ or UX430UN (given the very same price).
    3. I'm not sure about the quality... but I find my UX430UQ very similar to my last UX32VD. So it's not big different, unless you're used to bigger resulution than 1080x1920. About the size: I guess that you know that UX310 has 13 Inch while the UX430 has 14 Inch...

7. joselehhh

joselehhh Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, i've bought the asus ux410ua i57200 with 1tb hdd and 8gb ram and intel integrated graphics. I updated it with 8 gb more of ram and a Samsung Evo 960 nvme m.2. I read your comments before buying it because I accepted the 18xx speeds but now I have the ssd connected, samsung magician, crystal disk info, sisoftware and other softwares displays the m.2 connection as pcie 3.0 x4. Anyway, speeds are in the mean of what has been discussed in this thread.
    I've installed drivers from samsung, from asus and etc but speeds remain the same. Anyone could increase up speeds by installing something or what happens? If connection is there with 3.0 gen, why speeds are lower? Maybe some lames are already occupied in the bus?

Thank you all!

8. dknyc

dknyc Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, your OS is on the SSD or the 1 Tb hard disk? Made a recovery drive and reinstall the OS on the SSD.

9. joselehhh

joselehhh Newbie

Reputations:
    Is correctly installed in the ssd. Speeds are the same that discussed here. Sequential reads Up to 1850 MB/s and write 1500 MB/s.
    I don't think its an installation problem...

Thanks

10. bahadır

bahadır Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi.
    i have ux430UQ.

Does samsung 960 pro PCle 3.0 SSD works on this computer?

What is your capacity of your 960 PRO SSD.

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017