ASUS Zenbook UX303LN vs XPS 13 (2015)

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Chankills, May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chankills

Chankills Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. lovelaptops

lovelaptops MY FRIENDS CALL ME JEFF!

Reputations:
    The biggest difference between the two of them (besides price - the Dell is overpriced) and footprint (the Dell has a tiny footprint, which is why it's overpriced :D) is that the Asus has a decent d-gpu, so the first question you need to answer (someone will soon tell you to fill out the entire form for this thread, but it shant be me!), is what you need this for and whether you need better graphics than you can get with the integrated graphics of the Dell. People really fell hard for the new XPS13 when it first came out because it was so tiny for a 13.3" screen, so light (2.6-2.8 lb) and was advertised to get such great battery life (which turned out to be: a) overstated by Dell by about 3-4 hrs and b) applied only to the non-touch FHD screen, which is not the one depicted in your Amazon link. I would expect that machine to get about the same battery life (6-8 hrs) as the Asus and all other UHD screen Broadwell U Ultrabooks. You can get a better service plan with Dell than you can with Asus, but if I were you I would either buy from the Microsoft Store (online or Brick and Mortar if you have one near) and get Complete Care, much better than the wtty svce you'll get from Dell (Asus' svce is gdddawful regardless!), or get it from Amazon or elsewhere and get a Square Trade ADH 3 yr wtty. That further argues for the Asus because you can get that with the graphics card and a 3 yr ADH wtty for about the same price as the Dell with neither.

3. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Without any context, like what you want or need, it's kind of hard to form an opinion. You may wish to consider the FAQ stuck at the top of this forum and post back. That would help flesh things out.

4. ArthurG

ArthurG Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I will go for the HP Spectre X360 if you don't need the dGPU...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.