ASUS Zenbook UX303LB (Nvidia GT 940M)

Discussion in 'Asus' started by electro_chef, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuna

Kuna Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, this seems quite beneficial, if true. Goddarn , what is your subjective feeling about this - should i give the ux303lb back or not?
    I am really torn, as you can tell.

2. anb8

anb8 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    :) I understand you...same for me. You can still wait for another week and decide based on information then if there are any news. Doesn't Amazon have actually 30 day return policy?

Oh, my subjective feeling...if I would not absolutely need a laptop during those few weeks in the meantime, or I had at least some temporary replacement, I'd probably wait for the new model assuming it's not going to take 3 months and it's not going to cost much more (we don't know yet if the price remains the same), but it's just me...

3. anb8

anb8 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have just received an official confirmation from Asus Czech & Slovakia. Zenbook UX303 with Broadwell (that is currently out of stock here) will not be available with Broadwell anymore and the Skylake update will arrive in October.

4. Kuna

Kuna Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, that is really good info. Meaning it will be there on Amazon at the similar time ?

5. Ablmusic

Ablmusic Newbie

Reputations:
    Any official remark on the hinge? Will this one break and would I be better off with the ux501? Thanks!

6. cwongtech

cwongtech Newbie

Reputations:
    1) I have a UX303LB, bought from Dick Smith Electronics in Australia, 1st unit had a misaligned lid, it was tilted a little bit, as well as the left corner of the lid did not touch the bottom left corner of the laptop, there was a 2mm gap.

2) The second unit was fine, however after 1 week of usage I noticed a small creak on the left hinge when closing the lid.
    This has now developed into two consecutive creaks. I suspect the frame has fractured, although functionally the laptop is fine.
    Beautiful laptop. Also noticed that ASUS offers extension of local warranty for $69 for 1 year, $99 for 2 years.

Disappointed that for a $1800 AUD RRP laptop it only has 1 year, but I got it on sale for $1252AUD. $99 for 2 years extension is fine for me. Also disappointed this model doesn't come with the brown carry sleeve, where as the UX303LN does.

3) There is a bulge around the ZX, windows and alt keys, i.e. if you look at my UX303LB unit from the front (touchpad to screen), you will see the left side is HIGHER than the right side, like it is slightly thicker. Functionality wise doesn't really affect anything apart from some tables you will have a small rocking motion on the feet, just like a poorly constructed table.

Absolutely beautiful laptop, but disappointed in ASUS for poor quality control :|
    Would I recommend buying this laptop? Yep, only if it's on sale and go for extended warranty (from ASUS directly, it's cheaper)

Also, the UX501 is larger than the UX303. Depends what you want :)

7. Ablmusic

Ablmusic Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok thanks a lot thats a big ditterent, do you know if the ux501 is the same hinge design?

8. SergejS

SergejS Newbie

Reputations:
    Can someone point me to a web store (if possible - I'm from Europe so I need to order it online) that can sell me torx t6 screws that are used for the bottom part of the ux303lb (9 of them).

I somehow managed to strip a couple of them and I would like to change them before they are tottally useless. Thanks.

edited: hmm, I was sure that they were T6 size but browsing more about it now and it says T5. No idea how I managed to unscrew them with the T6 screwdriver, maybe that's why I striped some of them.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes you can usually just about get the screws with a torx screwdriver one size off but it is likely the cause of your issue.

10. ritto123

ritto123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello
    I need some screws to , you can find here

http://www.asusparts.eu/pt/partfinder/Asus/Notebook/U Series/UX303LB#Screw

http://www.accessoires-asus.com/portable/ux303/ux303ln/asus-ux303ln-60522-54026.htm

I just don't know which ones are the 8 small ones on the bottom cover..

Help

ps:think its this ones

http://www.accessoires-asus.com/portable/visserie/lot-de-vis-torx-pour-zenbook-63707-2253.htm

shipping from this store to europe its cheaper to

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.