ASUS Zenbook UX303 (Nvidia GT 840M)

Discussion in 'Asus' started by [-Mac-], Mar 5, 2014.

1. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's likely to be on the C side.

2. fayth

fayth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i try repaste my laptop, but when its done, it wont turn on, when i press power button, the power button led and shift led turn on but its just that, nothing happend. i try to remove the battery connection and using power break instead and still the same.

Attached Files:

3. idkwhy

idkwhy Newbie

Reputations:
    So the hinges on my UX303 broke, surprisingly, and the connection between the screen and computer was cut off aswell. Anyone know a way to fix this or get it fixed without replacing the whole screen (it's a touchscreen)? thanks

4. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    You will need to replace the hinge (since it's probably split), then you can find the part number on these parts on ebay to find replacement.

5. Jin Hirota

Jin Hirota Newbie

Reputations:
    I know this is a really old thread but reading about the hinge issues has got me terrified. I bought an ASUS UX303UB about 10 months ago and it has been a really powerful and reliable laptop. I have been gentle with the hinge even before knowing about issues with past 303s. As far as I can see....has anyone had hinge problems with the UB? Everyone says "it should be updated" but I don't see anyone who's written a review saying their 303UB broke.

I'm trying to decide whether to get rid of this thing asap (despite how much I love it) to save myself trouble down the road, or stick with it if it's really fixed. Anyone have any input on their experience (past one year) with the UX303UB? I would be so appreciative.

6. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    As long as you can open the lid from the middle then you won't over-stress one hinge over the other.

7. TheUntouchable

TheUntouchable Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My UX303 has been repaired under warranty after the right hinge looked a bit scary

8. ubikt

ubikt Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi i recently bought a ux303la with the touchscreen broken, anyone knows if its posible to change the touchscreen using the same display. I im worried it may be with uv glu. Sorry about my english i am from Argentine

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  9. TheUntouchable

TheUntouchable Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does anybody have the problem that the keyboard backlight is blinking with windows 10?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  10. Tinkerbell Wings

Tinkerbell Wings Newbie

Reputations:
    My UX303UB is 18 days out of warranty and the hinge blew. I was quoted by ASUS $690 and over two weeks time for the fix. I've tried multiple local shops and of the best of them, they don't want to touch it as any repair may kill the touch screen. That is my experience and like you... I was in love.
    The love is faded and I wish I had a pre-nup.
    Shopping for a new love now... maybe the Samsung Noteook 9 Pro.... Sure, it won't have the hard drive capacity or the sexy smoky brown, come-hither look. But it also doesn't have the reputation of leaving me in pieces either.
    My advice? Break up with it first. You'll feel better about it.