*** ASUS ZenBook Pro UX550 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Jun 23, 2017.

1. FYLin21

FYLin21 Newbie

Reputations:
    Turns out the fullscreen lag is dependent on games not having an "exclusive fullscreen" option. If in doubt, please add "-window-mode exclusive" to a Steam game's launch options. Note that this sometimes has the opposite effect where a game can't be displayed at full resolution.

Also, any recommendation for a cheap stylus? Seems like the generic capacitive touch styluses don't work well on this panel.

2. FYLin21

FYLin21 Newbie

Reputations:
    Ugh, I noticed the HDMI port keeps flickering and disconnecting, anyone else keep having this problem? It worked fine back in February but I've had updates since then. I tried rolling back my NVIDIA driver to the previous update but it still has the same problem.

3. FlexiPack

FlexiPack Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Fellow UX550VD owners, does your laptop work with Secure Boot enabled in the BIOS? My boot drive disappears when Secure Boot enabled and so the laptop will only boot into the BIOS. If I disable Secure Boot and enable CSM (legacy mode) then it will see the drive and boot into Windows as normal. I would prefer to be able to use Secure Boot but I can't find a way around this.

I bought this laptop 2nd hand and so I don't know what is normal for this model? I only noticed this problem after updating to the latest BIOS (ver 303 to ver 307). I've tried downgrading back to ver 303 so see if it's a BIOS issue but it's still the same.