Asus ZenBook Pro UX501 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by andex, Mar 14, 2015.

1. ArthurG

ArthurG Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well, battery life is really terrible on the 4k model and keyboard flex a lot too (at least in my model)
    In fact, autonomy was the deal breaker for me after testing it one afternoon, not the screen...

2. yson11

yson11 Newbie

Reputations:
    SERIOUSLY, can nobody here help me out??

3. calj17

calj17 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Does the 4k screen has the same 50hz frequency limit/locked frequency problem as the lenovo y50 uhd version(samsung 4k touch pannel)when using 1080p resolution? Did anyone try playing games using 1080p in the 4k screen ? There is a video in YouTube teaching how to proper scale 1080p gaming in 4k screen in alienware 15, please try it and post game benchmarks in 1080p resolution. Here is YouTube tutorial using 1080p gaming with 4k screen. Please test it

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  4. rmazur12

rmazur12 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys. How is Asus's customer service and warranty options offered for the UX501?

5. jmpnix

jmpnix Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    May I ask what you mean by "autonomy" ?

6. lolcakesmcgee

lolcakesmcgee Newbie

Reputations:
    You don't need the 4Gb memory with the gtx 960m. Bigger memory does not equal better performance
    performance. I'm pretty certain the 2gb model is more efficient.

7. ArthurG

ArthurG Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    with my typical usage (office, web, and pro audio software) the top of line UX501 (4k, 16GB RAM, 512GB PCI SSD, 96Wh battery) doesn't reach 4 hours of work when I need 6 hours. For such huge battery, its a complete let down...

8. ChrisAtsin

ChrisAtsin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Have you had any laptop go over4 hours with your workload? The "pro software" is probably what drains your battery. Also make sure that the dGPU does not kick in when you do not need it.

9. WololDude

WololDude Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Simple tasks such as browsing through facebook for 4 hours with screen set to ~30 % backlight will drain the battery completely. If you run any of the "pro software" the battery will probably be drained even faster.

10. ArthurG

ArthurG Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    well, yesterday, with my new Acer TravelMate P645-SG (i7-5500U, 12GB, 256GB+1TB SSDs), I did 5 hours straight with my typical workload and I still had nearly 20% battery life available. Of course, both with Asus and Acer, I made sure that I was on the iGPU