Asus ZenBook Pro UX501 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by andex, Mar 14, 2015.

1. EduardoDaVinci

EduardoDaVinci Guest

Reputations:
    -

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2019
  2. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I understand :( but 12 gb modules does not exist...
    Ok may be somebody later install 16 gb modules at jw and say what happened...

3. Biao

Biao Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. link626

link626 Asus GL502VM, Lenovo Y580, Asus K53TA

Reputations:

interesting. Same video bios update with the G501VW.

This might be the fix for triple display failure if you connect 2 external monitors.... one on hdmi and another on displayport, where the displayport monitor would blink or not display anything at all.

If anyone has 2 extra monitors lying around, one of which has a displayport, plug in both external monitors and see if the displayport monitor works.

Based on the g501vw bios description, it's an Intel management engine update

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  5. trickbz

trickbz Newbie

Reputations:
    Guys, I bought a model with glare (and touch) screen, and it hurts the eyes :( Maybe someone had tried and can suggest some good anti-glare protector, usage experience, cons & pros, etc?

6. link626

Reputations:
    any matte screen film will work. Get one that sticks with static cling rather than adhesive.

it looks ugly, but even a grocery bag will work well to cut glare, and stick to the screen.

7. link626

Reputations:
    how come the superspeed usb ports on the right side of the laptop never connect in usb 3.0 speed?

I plug in usb thumb drive, and only the single SS port on the left runs in usb 3.0 speed automatically.

The two on the right side don't sync at usb 3.0 speed for the same thumb drive.

edit: hmm, I uninstalled the usb root hub in device manager and redetected, and the usb drive synced in usb 3.0 speed.

I hope I don't have to keep doing this every time

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  8. Feregorn

Feregorn Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Do you guys use any laptop cooler with the zenbook pro? Or have you ever bought one? I'm thinking of buying a laptop cooler pad soon because Mediterranean weather is getting hotter and any suggestions would be welcome. Especially of they are personal experiences with this particular laptop. I'm slightly concerned because from what I saw most laptop coolers have their fans placed centrally, while the internal fans of our laptop are located in the very back...

9. link626

Reputations:
    laptop coolers are generally useless. It would probably be more effective to remove the hinge cover to create more space for the exhaust air, or even raising the laptop off the table to allow air to get in the vents easier (if you have the 501VW) If you have the 501JW, you'll either have to remove the hinge cover or drill slots into the bottom panel.

Mine is lifted 1 inch off the table using foam packaging materials.

Attached Files:

10. EduardoDaVinci

EduardoDaVinci Guest

Reputations:
    -

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2019