ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 UX580GD Owners' Lounges

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Maurizio635, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Maurizio635

Maurizio635 Newbie

Reputations:
    I pre-ordered yesterday this monster will arrive after 11/07. Does any one ordered also?
    By chance any one already have it?
    Once I got it I will post pictures and review

2. virtuousbook

virtuousbook Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can't wait to see the pics and reviews! I'm a proud owner of the UX550VE even though it's widely scrutinized, I love this laptop. I want to do some custom work by adding vents in the side (which ASUS seemingly forgot to do...) and repasting + adding some thermal pads to disperse heat to the metal base plate. It is a project that may have to wait until the warranty is up though, haha. The coil whine on my machine only happens when I open a demanding game for the first couple of minutes and then goes away, so I can deal with that. There is substantial thermal throttling in stress testing and real-life applications like gaming. It isn't a gaming laptop though but people seem to expect it to be. It does run games quite well, just at 60hz after gaming at 144hz for so long I can't help but feel the sluggishness of 60FPS. That being said I wanted a versatile laptop that had long battery life, ultra-portability and ability to run games on the road when I'm travelling. It has stood up to that test but I can't wait to see how your new laptop performs! I might have to sell this one and buy one!