1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Asus W5A DC Power Jack

Discussion in 'Asus' started by paultexas, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paultexas

paultexas Newbie

Reputations:
    I have ASUS W5a notebook. Two weeks ago, DC power jack on motherboard was burnt down. I need to fix it. My notebook is out of warranty. Anybody can help me out?????

2. ClearSkies

ClearSkies Well no, I'm still here..

Reputations:
    Sorry to hear about that - the W5 is one sweet little machine.

One of the resellers here, Eddie (owner) over at BTOTech, does out of warranty repair work on Asus systems. You can pm him here (geared2play.com) or contact him through their company website at btotech.com for details.

3. E.B.E.

E.B.E. NBR Procrastinator

Reputations:
    Additionally, you should also check if perhaps the DC board is discrete (i.e., not integrated on the mainboard). If it is, then you might be able to buy it off ASUS eStore for a cheap price, and replace it yourself.

Otherwise, perhaps Eddie will do some soldering and solve the problem cheaply -- on your own, you'd probably need to get a new mainboard which a) may be difficult with an old model and b) will cost 2-300 USD.

4. Geared2play.com

Geared2play.com Company Representative

Reputations:
    We do the repairs but it will cost about 140$ with shipping for this model.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.