ASUS VivoBook X202E / S200E / Q200E Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by DanielNTX, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krelianx

krelianx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Jesus that is a sweet deal!

As for an aftermarket battery, I really, really hope something like that is manufactured. With an additional 2.5h of battery life this little thing would be pretty much perfect. Is it possible, and dare I ask, likely? You would think ASUS would want to ameliorate for this, or else someone else would capitalize for it.

2. krelianx

Reputations:
    Incidentally, I have been considering that if the battery life simply becomes too much of an issue within the next few weeks of testing, I might return the unit and try to score a deal for a t100 transformer tablet instead.

Do you guys have any idea of how that would perform next to this? Clearly the battery is better, as is the display. It has less RAM, and very little disk space. I don't really know much about the processor comparison, but I would assume the i3 would be superior? Still, if I am going to be going on power saver to try to get barely 3 hours out of this, it might compensate.

Mostly, I am concerned about the keyboard-trackpad for the t100 unit, and whether it won't be comfortable enough for typing extensively in word documents.

Any insight into this quandary?

3. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  4. krelianx

Reputations:
    Thank you very much. As far as the x202e's battery is concerned, forgive me for a naive question, but is there any reallistic shot of an aftermarket replacement battery that ameliorates for this? it's so close to perfection I am grinding my teeth!

5. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've not seen replacement batteries but you can buy a power pad to have under the laptop... Example: Untitled Page

6. krelianx

Reputations:
    That seems tempting on first glance, but then you see it weighs 2 pounds, which bumps the whole ordeal to about 5.2 pounds. Sort of defeats the purpose of having an ultra portable laptop for me, alas.

I take it there are no replacement batteries atm; any chance there will be?

7. wkbag

wkbag Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I found this, but it is not genuine and higher capacity 5100 mAh vs. genuine 3800 mAh, did anyone tried to replace the battery?? and how long it last??

4 Cell Asus VivoBook S200E-CT158H S200E-RHI3T73 Battery

8. m715

m715 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I too would be interested in the results if someone had tried this battery?
    It's a noticeable step above the stock battery...

9. krelianx

Reputations:
    Crap! We really need someone to speak up about this!

10. jonlowe

jonlowe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm confused. Did these things come with different sized batteries? This review, Asus VivoBook X202 Review - Notebook Reviews by MobileTechReview says they came originally with 5136 mah batteries.

BTW, ebay has the 5136 batteries in the $45 range. Genuine Asus Q200E BHI3T45 Li ion Battery C2 Battery 7 4V 5136mAh 38WH C21 X202 | eBay

Jon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.