Asus Vivobook F510UA Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Gadget Reviews, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Gadget Reviews

Gadget Reviews Newbie

Reputations:
    ASUS Vivobook F510UA

Technical Specs:

* CPU: Intel Core i5-8250U
    * GPU: Intel UHD 620
    * Screen: 15.6" anti-glare (matte) 1920x1080
    * RAM: 8 GB DDR4 (1 empty slot available)
    * HDD: 1 TB
    * SSD: Empty M.2 SATA SSD slot available
    * Weight: 3.7 lbs (1.7 kg)
    * Keyboard: Non-backlit
    * Battery capacity: 42Wh
    * Ports:
    2 x USB 2.0
    1 x USB 3.0
    1 x USB-C
    1 x HDMI
    1 x SD card slot

Where to buy:
    * Amazon: http://amzn.to/2yj40lc

2. Artur Castiel

Artur Castiel Newbie

Reputations:
    I recently bought a new laptop for my work. As soon as I perfomed a Windows Update for a matter of security. Just after that the performance on my computer dropped considerably. Botting time is over 3 minutes. Additionally, I am suffering with the 100% disk consumption bug. I have tried multiple fixes in which I stop Windows services that are very demaning. However, it is noticible the performance for a brand new computer is very inferior. After a long time seeking for an explanation I believe it is not hardware related. I have checked the integrity of the harddrive and it is fine. I believe to be a problem on the SATA controller.

3. Gadget Reviews

Gadget Reviews Newbie

Reputations:
    This laptop comes with an HDD and it is not fast. Windows update slows down your laptop. You should power on your laptop and wait until Windows update finishes. I advise you not to use your laptop until update finishes. You should change HDD with SSD to get real performance of this laptop.

4. Artur Castiel

Artur Castiel Newbie

Reputations:
    It is more than just Windows slows it down. Using this notebook after Windows Update became unbearable. I have been trying to use Asus Costumer services and it is just slow. It is simply unacceptable to buy a computer which the booting time is over 3 minutes. Every single task performed on this machine is a pain in the ass.

5. Gadget Reviews

Gadget Reviews Newbie

Reputations:
    I replaced HDD with SSD. My boot time is 3 seconds. Just replace HDD with SSD. And see the difference.