ASUS UX32VD-Touchpad issue

Discussion in 'Asus' started by CompUG, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CompUG

CompUG Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ever since I upgraded to the new BIOS, I have been having problems with my touchpad. If I don't shut my laptop off for lets say 4 days keep it in hibernate and sleep mode, then on the fifth day the touchpad stops responding whenever I turn it on from sleep or hibernate mode. It takes a minute for it to start responding or i have to complete shut the laptop off. Anyone have a solution or had gone through this problem. Also anyone found a fix for the fan noise? I am past thirty days so I can't exchange it now, just have it sent to ASUS to repair it.

2. SmiTech

SmiTech Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Which touch-pad driver are you using? The ELAN one or the ASUS Smart Gesture driver? And which version(s) ?

3. CompUG

Reputations:
    The ASUS one, since I never D.L Elan.

4. CompUG

Reputations:
    BUMP.

10 charrrrr

5. dSly

dSly Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Same problem with my UX31A. I think the problem started when I first connected a Bluetooth mouse. It seems the touchpad is not waking up when I open up the lid. The external mouse works very well though and I do get the message that the touchpad is being switched off every time I turn on the Bluetooth mouse.

I thought I could hit Fn+F9 to turn on the touchpad when it is not working but it is actually turning it off when I do that (meaning that it was already on). I did not check which BIOS version I have, I believe it is the one from June. This is really annoying as I don't use the mouse all the time...

6. flashmp3

flashmp3 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Same prob for me as well. The internet navigation also becomes slow after sleep or hibernate and i have to restart. Did you install the system on the SSD ? I did follow the guide to do so perhaps it could be linked

7. CompUG

Reputations:
    No I never reinstalled anything, just kept it as it was. I hope when Windows 8 comes out this problem will be fixed. Anyone find a solution for this?

8. CompUG

Reputations:
    bumpppppppp.

9. dSly

dSly Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I re-installed the ASUS drivers a few days ago and the problem went away. But it came back today. :mad:

10. o2s9w

o2s9w Newbie

Reputations:
    Same issue here.
    The touchpad is dead after sleep.

Additional notes:

- The touchpad buttons actually work, its only the touchpad itself that does not responds.
    (E.g. clicking the right touchpad button opens the context menu while the cursor can not be moved)

- The icon in the notification area ("ASUS Smart Gesture") correctly shows how many fingers is touching the touchpad. So the problem does not seem to be the driver ( ? ).

- There is no minimum sleep time for this to occur on my machine. If I just close the lid, and then open it 10 seconds later, the problem reoccurs.

- After a few minutes it sometimes starts working by itself if the lid is left open.

- If I just insert and then remove the USB adapter for my wireless mouse, the touchpad starts working. (Edit: not consistently though.)

------
    Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit, SP1
    10GB Ram
    240 GB SSD
    BIOS: v.206

AsusVTouch driver 1.0.0.20
    ASUS PS/2 Port Smart-Pad driver 1.0.0.93

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.