Asus UX32vd owners lounge.

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Hendrickson, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThaDraGun

ThaDraGun Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Any idea where I can find it? I dont see it in the asus driver page, and the only one I can find online is the diskkeeper one.

2. timwu225

timwu225 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

I've only had this laptop for a few weeks with barely any use and I'm experiencing some kind of "sleep" problem. Most of the times when I close the lid, the laptop doesn't go to sleep, the fan ramps up, but the screen remains black. The power button light remains on and the only thing I'm able to do is hold the power button down for a cold shutdown. It's getting very annoying and I'm afraid of corrupting the iSSD (32gb) since the last UX32VD laptop I had probably died from cold shutdowns. I've only upgraded my ram using Kingston ValueRam 8gb 1600mhz.

I've tried searching Google for anyone else having this problem, but didn't find anyone with a solution. Has anyone else had this problem and were able to fix it?? Any type of help is appreciated!

Thanks

3. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Sometimes Windows updates will fix those sleep problems, make sure you are up to date on those. Also make sure your power settings for "when I close the lid" is set to put the computer to sleep.

4. timwu225

timwu225 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply,
    I have all windows updates installed and the power setting you suggested under every power option. I'm getting this sleep problem even when I use the FN + f1 (sleep) button. It also seems like I'm getting this problem after medium-heavy use of the laptop, if I were to restart my computer and go to desktop then close the lid, it goes into sleep mode without any problems. But once I start reading pdfs or just watch a movie using VLC for a couple of hours, it doesn't seem to sleep properly..
    When the computer is able to sleep, it could be in sleep mode for a couple of days before I use it again (typically never shut down), could this lead to any problems?

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You could always hibernate it instead for long periods of time.

6. timwu225

timwu225 Newbie

Reputations:
    That's true. I just tried the "Automatic Repair" option for windows 8 and see if that changed anything, if not then I'll try the hibernation option.
    Thanks for the help

7. artsingo

artsingo Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

My system has become quite slow during heavier tasks and I thought if maybe I should use the Windows 8 Refresh PC option. My laptop came preinstalled with Winndows 8 and it shows that I have several recovery partitions (350mb, 600mb and 20gb. As I understand they should also contain factory version of Windows? I haven't changed anything and all partitions are as they came from the factory. My question is since I updated to windows 8.1 will I be still able to use the refresh pc option under windows without needing any CD-s? And if not, should I use the Asus version mentioned on this support site ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Troubleshooting and the option "Recover Windows to first partition only" To get my C drive running a fresh installation on windows? I like the option to refresh from windows more since I get to keep my files. Any advice regarding the question would be greatly appreciated since I don't understand the different options very well and I don't even own a CD drive if anything shoukd happen

8. Kogarasumaru

Kogarasumaru Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are the mSATA SSDs in the UX32VD-DS72 replaceable? Only found information on replacing the models that uses only a single HDD or HDD + iSSD.

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
  10. Duct Tape Dude

Duct Tape Dude Duct Tape Dude

Reputations:
    I think they are. They're Sandisk X100 mSATA SSDs in RAID 0 connected to a proprietary 2.5" SATA card. iirc someone on here has a picture of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.