1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Asus UX32 - maximum supported memory

Discussion in 'Asus' started by AlexMcIver, Dec 29, 2012.

1. AlexMcIver

AlexMcIver Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I see some people have upgraded the RAM on their UX32 to 10GB using an 8GB stick in addition to the 2GB onboard. A 16GB stick would presumably take it up to 18GB assuming no compatibility issues. I know that 16GB sticks aren't readily available yet but is there anything to suggest that they will/won't be supported by the UX32?

2. Ultra-Insane

Ultra-Insane Under Medicated

Reputations:
    I have read some crazy stuff like it will support 32GB. I have no idea if that a chipset comment or what. I have 10GB. I find the main problem to be the 2GB built in.

3. AlexMcIver

AlexMcIver Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is dual channel affected by having asymetrical RAM? I am still stuck in the dark ages where you need identical sticks.

4. Ultra-Insane

Ultra-Insane Under Medicated

Reputations:
    The matching/paired runs Dual. Sadly like in my case. Once one starts to have more unpaired like me if large amounts of RAM are used I start using single channel 64bit bus. I can only have 4GB paired. But I guess single is better than no RAM.