Asus Utility and Bloatware Guide

Discussion in 'Asus' started by David, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7hr08ik

7hr08ik Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys im hoping you can help me out here...

I got myself an ASUS A53E not too long ago, and re-installed the built in windows with my own, windows ultimate.

BUT, my problem is that there are a couple of programs that came pre-installed, that i have no backups of. and are not on the asus driver downloads page. but i know that they are in the list of item from the E-driver program.

Only problem is E-driver is not found ANYWHERE on the internet. So im hoping someone can find it on their hard drive, zip it don and email it to me? I really REALLY want this program

2. ALLurGroceries

ALLurGroceries   Super Moderator

Reputations:
  3. Moosebear

Moosebear Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi folks, just bought a new Asus X53E-RS53, I used this bloatware removal guide to great effect 3 years ago when I bought my first Asus, many thanks to the OP!

I see it was last updated almost a year and a half ago... excuse my newbish igno but... is it still relevant for a brand new Asus? Any model laptop? Thanks!

4. Terran1212

Terran1212 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i second this request!

5. tijo

tijo Sacred Blame Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Yes, it i still relevant as far as i am aware. If there are software that you do not recognize in that list, let us know.

6. Bec de Xorbin

Bec de Xorbin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ftp.asus.com.tw seems to be blocked or down. It was quite handy to find absolutely latest drivers which cannot be found for example here. Any alternatives known?

7. kimiraikkonen

kimiraikkonen Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey guys, we all already knew that Oberon destroyes Google products when uninstalled. So i'm asking, has anybody found a way to install Google Earth after having Oberon uninstall disaster? I managed to maintain most of the problems by re-installing but i'm not sure if i can install and run Google Earth (not Google Chrome). Can somebody point some info?

I'll spend rest of my life by swearing to OBERON! And Asus has some part of the pie of course!

Thanks!

8. raminux

raminux Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello,
    I couldn't find definitive answer regarding the following utilities:

- Instant On
    - Secure Delete
    - USB Charger
    - Intel Wireless Display
    - Wireless Radio Control

Are they useful? Do I need to install them?

Also see the process Btmshellex is running in start-up with high impact. It seems it is about bluetooth devie (part of the Intel driver package). However, I am not sure what it exactly does and if it is necessary to run at start-up?

Another confusing matter is RealTek Audio drivers and Audio manager interface? Are they needed? It seems Windows 8 already has some drivers and audio works even before installing the Realtek drivers? I noticed the Realtek HD Audio manager starts at startup with high impact.

Thanks.

9. ddonuts4

ddonuts4 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you thank you thank you. I can't say it enough. Now I know what to actually install when I reinstall windows.

10. nishthecooldude

nishthecooldude Newbie

Reputations:
    Guys i am from India...Purchased a New ASUS K56CA i5 ultrabook that came with windows 8 preinstalled.
    But i formatted the hdd and installed windows 7 on my 750gb and left 24gb sandisk issd untouched.
    But in this process forgot to backup ExpressCache software that came with it preinstalled.
    So guys now it is saying Express Cache is not licenced to run on this PC. SO please guys help me and give me ASUS OEM Express cache or please mail me on my email id for windows 7 x64 - nishthecooldude@yahoo.com asap as i am stuck.
    Please guys help me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.