Asus Utility and Bloatware Guide

Discussion in 'Asus' started by David, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwhite91

rwhite91 Newbie

Reputations:
    Where can I download the KB filter for my G51Jx-x1?

2. kimiraikkonen

kimiraikkonen Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That has been discussed numerous times, especially by me and the others who had the same issue. Probably you uninstalled Oberon Game Park games which is the main culprit. You either need to reinstall broken softwares or reinstall entire OS by eliminating bloatware uninstallation disaster!

3. ALLurGroceries

ALLurGroceries   Super Moderator

Reputations:
  4. madlof

madlof Newbie

Reputations:
    I think this is absolutely disgusting, I ran into the same problem (ended up reinstalling, then buying an SSD and reinstalling again, cripes). It's totally out of order for ASUS to ship bloatware that takes a dump on your machine when you install it.

5. ReconFirefly

ReconFirefly Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What about Intel managebiltity firmware engine?
    And can i delete microsoft c++ or keep those
    And finally is Oberon game park on the AsusG75?

6. tijo

tijo Sacred Blame Super Moderator

Reputations:
    You can trash the intel management engine, but you'll get an unknown device in the device manager, not like it really matters, but if that kind of things bug you...

Keep the C++ redist, if they are installed, it's because some program needs them.

Trash that Oberon game park.

7. filippopotame

filippopotame Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry, I know it has been discussed a lot, but I really need help: I uninstalled an Oberon game and I have the same problems as you do, but I have no backup nor recovery points. Is the only way to get my computer to work properly again to reinstall windows?

8. d_dass

d_dass Newbie

Reputations:
    hi david my asus has some mor programs like
    1.asusscr_n5_en
    2.asus vibe2.0
    3.synaptics pointing device driver
    and four programs in the name of windows live mesh i have attached my list of installed programs image pls view it Installed Programs.png

9. au_laptop

au_laptop Newbie

Reputations:
    First off, FANTASTIC THREAD! This has been a real saving grace for me when it came to making more space on my laptop, so this was a really great find. Thanks!

Now I hope you still continue to look in this thread David, because I need to ask a couple of things:
    1. I saw that with Splendid that the settings for that are pretty much the same as the ones for nVIDIA. What about the ones for ATI? I have Catalyst Control Center and I'm not sure if the settings for that are the same for the ones with Splendid. In either case, is it safe to uninstall Splendid Utility if you have ATI as a graphics card?
    2. I'm having trouble trying to find a disable option in the BIOS for Express Gate. Now, my laptop (an ASUS N61J) has a Power4Gear button which, when pressed when the laptop is off, starts up Express Gate. If I can't find a disable option in the BIOS for Express Gate, is there a way to disable it so that I can safely uninstall Express Gate?

10. ALLurGroceries

ALLurGroceries   Super Moderator

Reputations:
    There is no way to disable the power-on function of the expressgate/power4gear button. Splendid just manages brightness/contrast of the screen, uninstall is optional.

1. asus screensaver - uninstall optional
    2. asus 'app store' - uninstall optional
    3. required device driver
    4. uninstall optional

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.