Asus TAICHI Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by crabnebula, Dec 30, 2012.

1. bichael

bichael Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, did you get your display working / replaced?

After breaking two with accidents I just bought a third but the front panel seems not to be working so think I'll have to send it back. Just hope I didn't fry it when trying to connect it as did see a spark at one point (forgot to take battery out?) though that was after I'd already tried it and it hadn't worked.

I think the small connector does the outer panel display and the big one does the inner panel and the outer panel touch. At the moment I have one panel with a working outer (though not touch) and one with a working inner so was playing around connecting them at the same time... I'm tempted to try swapping connectors between panels but not sure how to take one out where it passes through the hinge cover.

2. jedisurfer1

jedisurfer1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Has anyone gotten the asus taichi 21 to reliable work with win10?

Thanks

3. OldWhiteBeard

OldWhiteBeard Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everybody,

I am using an Asus Taichi and it is my trusty companion through student life. However, I am less happy with the stylus that came with it.
    I've tried some of the newer styluses out there and I much prefer the softer tips of the Surface pens (to name an example) to the Asus Taichi pen, which makes the same noise as a ball-point pen hitting a windowpane when writing...

From what I can gather, the Taichi uses the N-Trig DuoSense 1 stylus (see here: http://www.jessebandersen.com/2015/11/list-of-digitizers-and-tablets.html).

Would you have any suggestions for alternative styluses (soft tipped) that might work for this purpose? Would the new Surface 3 or 4 pens work on the Taichi?

4. bichael

Reputations:
    Just thought I'd check in to say my Taichi 31 is working well on the latest Creators Update build of Windows 10. The only thing not working is screen rotation but I use it so rarely in portrait that I haven't bothered looking into it.

Think I'll get at least another year out of it. I know it had it's issues but I'm still sad there's no new version. The Acer R13 is one of the only models out at the moment that really appeals as I think it gets closest to the Taichi's flexibility. Will probably wait and see what Windows on Arm is like, could mean some super slim hybrids but hopefully performance is still ok.

(360 rotation with exposed keys just seems clumsy to me and makes getting to tablet mode too difficult, surface pro style doesn't make a good laptop. detachable maybe but sure it would mean ending up with no keyboard when you want it half the time and they tend to be top heavy.)

Oh and no idea about alternate stylus I'm afraid.

5. drg40

drg40 Newbie

Reputations:
    I've got 10 to work by giving up on the touchscreen. That's with the Windows insider programme. Two points tho'. Upgrading to 1703 you get a BSOD with no workaround so the end is nigh. Where I am, sticking with any less than the current version means you can and will be given a virus, everything from Trojans through ransomware to the real nasties which bring the entire machine to its knees, wrecking the bios, the o/s and user data.
    On a bad week I get 5 attacks in a week, and that's on a personal machine

6. bichael

Reputations:
    1703 is the creators update, as above my Taichi is working fine on that version (build 15063.296). I'm not on insiders but I did push the creators update manually so have had it for a while now.
    I would have said check the usual - bios, gpu drivers, closelid version etc. - to get touch working but BSOD seems a bit extreme from an update so might need to reinstall Windows? Especially with all the attacks you seem to be getting?!

7. huckfinn

huckfinn Newbie

Reputations:
    Taichi21 hinge cover replacement
    The hinge cover broke, and ASUS only replaces the whole LCD assembly to fix it. Too expensive for me, and my OCD is killing me.

Does anyone have a hinge cover for sale?
    [​IMG]