Asus TAICHI Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by crabnebula, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Brazo

Brazo Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm afraid you do not have the option, because until now - as far as I know - Asus has denied the possibility to upgrade Taichi to Win 10. Anyway, you should check this on Asus website, probably applying here
    https://vip.asus.com/eservice/win8/?SLanguage=en-us

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  2. Robert Gionet

Robert Gionet Newbie

Reputations:
    Well all i can say is that my taichi 31 and my friends taichi 21 are working fine with win 10. Outer screen does not rotate though. Backlit keyboard not working neither. Those two things are not important to me anyway. very satisfied of my laptop. was working fine with win8,1 also sceenrotation and backlit was working fine with 8,1
    One thing I should say to those having issues with their taichi21. I also had all kind of problems with my previous taichi21. These problems completely disappeared once I installed the windows from a taichi31. I am a computer tech and did all I could, without success. Was working fine one day and for no reasons the next day some features weren't working. Took windows from a perfectly working taichi31 and like a magic trick, all was fine after that.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  3. s2117

s2117 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey everyone, just got my taichi 21. I browsed through all the pages of this topic but could not find an answer..
    Can I upgrade the SSD? If the answer is YES, which one should I buy to be compatible??
    Thanks

4. evilhubie

evilhubie Newbie

Reputations:
    My Taichi31 hinges broke, and now both the screens don't seem to work anymore.

The computer is still functional and works when connected to an external monitor, but the actual laptop displays are not detected. I've tried a power reset, to no avail.

One of the LVDS connector cables (the right one) looks to be frayed. Could this be causing the problem? If so, wouldn't only one of the screens be affected?

5. alanhsueh6

alanhsueh6 Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anybody had any problems with duplicating outer screen with projector after upgrading to W10? I can duplicate my inner screen with projector but not outer screen. Any solutions would be appreciated.

6. xibatian

xibatian Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, everyone,

I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 yesterday night, after it's on track, I went to bed. I found out the Taichi 21 is on Bios page this morning, after looking into it, the SSD can't be detected for some reason. I tried many things today, include changing the SATA mode to IDE, boot with a Windows 10 USB, still can't find any HDD.

The Taichi21 has been working fine until yesterday evening, SSD should be good. I even open up the back cover to see it, looks all OK, no burning mark etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

7. mars2jz

mars2jz Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, i just registered today. I am using a taichi31 and bought a micro hdmi adapter today. at first it was working, displaying on the external monitor as it should. Now i cannot seem to get a signal to the monitor.
    When i plug the cable in, windows 8.1 sees the monitor, and i am able to change settings etc, but on the external monitor it says no signal.
    does anyone have any experience on how to fix this issue?

sorry i cant seem to find a search function, much appreciated for any help.

cheers
    Marcel

8. Brazo

Brazo Newbie

Reputations:

9. Brazo

Brazo Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    maybe you're interested in what I posted on this Microsoft Community forum
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...k-screen/00cf3786-be0e-4483-950a-5252d299f5be

and in the kind reply I got from a MS Engineer:
    I'd like to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10, but until now Asus has omitted to assure compatibility of Tahici with Win10. I think the main issues concern the various Taichi's drivers (i.e. Close Lid, Screen Auto-Rotate, pen support, etc.). Every useful news or suggestion is appreciated.

ANSWER (from a MS Support Engineer)

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

You will be able to install only the device drivers and games loaded from external devices which may not be compatible with the current OS installed on the computer in Compatibility mode.

To run a device driver or game in Compatibility mode, you can also follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and type Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.
    2. Select the top most search result and follow from step 2 from the article Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows (Also applies to Windows 10).
    3. Check if the changes are effective.
    Write to us for further information on Compatibility mode, we will be happy to help you.
    Thank you.

10. bichael

bichael Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just wanted to share my experience with getting the keyboard backlight working.

If it lights at boot but not in windows then it's probably software so try uninstall and reinstall APK.

Myne was showing no light at all even at boot. At first I thought it might be a W10 thing as I recently upgraded - before the free upgrades stop! However I also replaced the motherboard (another story...) and upgraded the bios with WinFlash - I'm not sure which caused the problem as wasn't paying attention but sure it was one of these. The fix which worked and was much simpler than it initially seems is as described at the following thread;
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/keyboard-light-fix-gary-key.513264/

As a bonus the thread also includes a way of getting the backlight on during logon - had always annoyed me the way it went off at that point. Just need to schedule HControl.exe within ATKhotkey folder to run at startup before user login.