Asus TAICHI Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by crabnebula, Dec 30, 2012.

1. IamIronMan

IamIronMan Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, I bought a used Taichi 31. I noticed that the touch screen has a light dark tone at the right and left edges of the screen. I was wondering if this is normal. My guess is that it could be caused by the backlight or by the glue used for the digitizer. Could anyone check if your screen has the same little issue?

I must mention that it is hard to be noticed on color backgounds, but it can be seen by using a white color background. As I said, it is not so noticeable, but it can be bothersome if I focus my attention to it.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you gently press around the display does it change the dark hues?

3. IamIronMan

IamIronMan Newbie

Reputations:
    It does, I think it might be a little normal after all. I tried taking a picture but the problem can't really be seen by the camera but by the eye only. I do need a laptop though, so I guess I will keep it after all; maybe the issue is normal.

I have another issue. Every time I use the laptop in tablet mode the windows logo is always on, is it possible to turn it off? I looked online for hours, literally, and did not find a solution for this. The only solution I found was to install the surface app and it allows you to turn it off; however, after I installed and run the app, it says that it only works on surface tablets.

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    IPS screens are very sensitive the pressure from the bezel, so that can cause some backlight bleed.

5. TC31-France

TC31-France Newbie

Reputations:
    I had such problem. In my case, it was the famous mains connector inside the computer that had to be changed. A well-known problem on quite a lot of ASUS machines. Connecting, disconnecting, (and specially moving the computer while connected) may cause the problem.
    Hope you solved the problem since your post was a few months old.

6. TC31-France

TC31-France Newbie

Reputations:
    Finally, for ASUS 21 or 31, what is best: stay on Windows 8.1 or move to Windows 10 ?
    In terms of usage, Windows 8.1 is very, very convenient to me and I do not see Windows 10 dramatically improving work effeciency on computers.
    Assistance by Microsoft on Windows 8.1 is still more than 5 years and I expect the computer not to last that long...
    What do you think ?
    Has ASUS recommended the switch ?

7. TC31-France

TC31-France Newbie

Reputations:
    Another question: since the last update of Windows 8.1, when the program starts, my inner screen is upside down. When entering the code, the screwn is upside down too, and 1 second later, turn itself to the right position.
    Anything to be done ?

8. Jamie_M

Jamie_M Newbie

Reputations:
    I've had my Taichi for 28 months. Whilst my device is no longer under guarantee, I would have expected it to last more than 28 months, so I contacted the retailer I purchased it from and cited the 'sale of good act' and that they should fix it if it is faulty. I had to pay £50 for them to inspect it. If they found it was faulty - they'd refund the £50 and fix it for free. If they found that I had broken it (dropping it or spilling something on it for example) they wouldn't refund the £50 and would quote me for the repair.

They inspected it - and found the main board to be failing. So they replaced the board. Just got it back so i'm assuming all is now working and it'll see me through until I buy a Surface Book.

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    What program are you running that's upside down?

10. ChileMike

ChileMike Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the Taichi 31 with the updated BIOS 209 and vid drivers. Did the 8.1 upgrade and now the Taichi Home button does not work. Clicking on the shortcut does not work close lid works most of the time. Downloaded and re installed Taichi home but still does not open. Thanks for any replies