Asus Scar II - GL704GW, i7 8750H, RTX2070, 144hz

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by cloudpm, Feb 3, 2019.

1. electricalnoice

electricalnoice Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I used Fujipoly 0.5mm 11.0W/mK. https://www.amazon.com/mod-smart-Fujipoly-Extreme-Thermal/dp/B00ZSJR2KE?ref_=ast_bbp_dp

I bought 2 of the 60x50 and one 100x15. I ended up with some leftover, about half of one of the 60x50. Probably would be fine with 2 of the 60x50 but in case you make a mistake in cutting it, it helps to have some leftover. I probably wouldn't buy the 100x15 next time as it is not that wide so only has more specific usage.

2. gieffe22

gieffe22 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    thx for info! Nice work man!

3. vesayreve

vesayreve Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Okay i reduced undervolt on cpu by 15 mv and decreased the curve by 20 mhz on gpu. It is much better but i still get blue screens!

I dont get it at all. I finished the new star wars game without any issues. Played warhammer 2, no issues but this ****ty(graphically only, personal goty) unity game called Disco Elysium which has oil paintings as graphics is killing my pc?! Why? And when i get a blue screen its always accompanied with some scary ratting sound from the pc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Low load, means crazy high clocks due to how CPU and GPU clock boosting works, and it might show you instabilities, reduce your GPU clock more/give it a bit more voltage, or it might be the GPU VRAM OC that is too high.

5. vesayreve

Reputations:
    Yea but it was stable during unique heaven which has 99% utilization.

6. gieffe22

Reputations:
    unigine is not a great stability test... some games are not stable, myself included when i was fine tuning my OC profile. So go down until is stable in the problematic games, same for cpu...

7. gieffe22

Reputations:
    bad times here... my 704 has something odd with battery since last week. Radomly it discharge istantaneously, something never happened. It did 3 times on last week. Now i reverted to the old bios 307 of june, just to exclude something strange on the bios side but i doubt, probably battery has just started to damage itselfe (this tech on the battery is just so OLD and lack of stability).

Maybe on jan i will send laptop again on repair(2 time, first one motherboard)... what a waste of time...

8. sev7en

sev7en Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am really disappointed of the lack of support from ASUS... no more BIOS updates since months... already gone?

Dell is another planet, I never forget the support I had with my Alienware 13R3 also after years!!! No way, my next Alienware or GigaByte.

9. gieffe22

Reputations:
    well latest bios have all security fixes for know branches, and on the hhw sides the 308 bios is really mature and well performing... so i don't understand what to update if all is go in the right direction?

Anyway guy's next week i will send my 704 on assistance, my battery problems are still here, i've done many tests on the sw side and none of those worked...so the only way is just to replace battery (should be on warranty, i hope they will change it and don't do just a format on the system, because i'm pretty sure that's not windows)

10. vesayreve

Reputations:
    Lmao I dont even do BIOS updates. It has stock bios. It's just such a dangerous thing to play with. If it aint broke dont fix it, I dont like bios updates.

Anyway, I just realized the audio software for this laptop and its pretty good. I was complaining about the audio output and this fixes it. BUT it really screws if you dont constantly change it. I tried to setup manually for each app via the advanced tab but I cant change the option to set one for chrome. I either listen to music or watch twitch on chrome. For other purposes i think theater is superior to gaming mode but as I said it makes chrome sound very weird. So I have to manually change it each time. Is there any fix for that? I only want some gaming apps and vlc to use theater but it defaults everything to music ans i cant even change Chrome.